Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Who's going for Antelope? >

Who's going for Antelope?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who's going for Antelope?

Old 07-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Who's going for Antelope?

I've been Bowhunting for 54 years now & going on my 1st Antelope Bowhunt. I plan on Blind hunting & hoping for DRY weather. I have dranw my Wy. Buck tag & IF any left over Doe tags will buy one.
I'm hoping to take a Buck with my Compound & ANY Does that show up will be shot at with my vintage 1975 60# Recurve, no sights & with fingers. I have 38 animlas with recurve in the past & hoping to round it off to 40 this year. I've taken a ton of other animals with my Compound over the years.

I'm doing a public land, do it yourself bowhunt but will be meeting up & tent camping with some fellas that have Bowhunted this area b/4.

Whats your plans??
Old 07-19-2010, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I drew a rifle tag this year for my home area here in CO., so I'll get to spend more time chasing elk instead of antelope with the bow this year.
Have fun and keep cool in the blind.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wish i was, maybe ill get to someday.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am thinking of buying a left over tag in an area right close to the house in Wyoming. There are quite a few left over tags to be bought.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck, I've never had the want to hunt goats, I've been hunting whitetail and hogs so long that it would take time away from a hunt that I really love.

I do like to turkey and duck hunt with my bow.. Doves too, but I have't gotten many of them, just a lot of fun
Old 07-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Spike

hey ahunter what area did you draw