Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 IS A BROWNING TORNDO BOW WORTH GETTIN >

IS A BROWNING TORNDO BOW WORTH GETTIN

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

IS A BROWNING TORNDO BOW WORTH GETTIN

Old 07-02-2003, 04:42 PM

Default IS A BROWNING TORNDO BOW WORTH GETTIN

I' M GETTIN A NEW BOW . IS BROWNING THE RIGHT PIC. I HEARD THEY SHOOT GOOD.
Old 07-02-2003, 05:16 PM

Default RE: IS A BROWNING TORNDO BOW WORTH GETTIN

Well, I can' t tell you if it is what you should get because I am not you, and the only way to tell is to shoot one.

What I can tell you though is that I love this bow. My best-friend has one and it shoots like a dream. Low shock, low noise, plenty fast, and smooth. I have shot most of the new Browning and I can say with all honesty that I believe the Tornado to stand above the rest. I shot the high model bows (Mirage, Elcipse) and they weren' t nearly as nice in any of the categories as the Tornado. They were faster, not by much, and, they must have got the speed from making the draw cycle stiff. The overall draw of the bow was terrible, it was gritty. The Tornado on the other hand is like butter.

For the price, it is one of the top 3 bows for money. The other two are the Hoyt MT Sport and the Martin Tracer Magnum.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:07 PM

I just bought a new tornado for my nephew ($279 - Ebay). I ordered the bow with the kit. It does shoot nice (he has the same draw length as me), draws smooth, looks good; is fast (carbon arrows); BUT - When it came out of the box the handle fell off the bow (no glue), the only thing I would keep out of the kit would be the stabilizer and/or the quiver. The sight is plastic, and does not look durable at all, and the threads on the riser where the stabilizer mounts were stripped out half way. The bow feels good in hand, and is accurate. Get yourself a good sight, peep, and stabilizer and you' ll have a good bow for the price.
Old 07-02-2003, 09:23 PM
Spike

' ve used one for 3 seasons and like it....I' ve shot 9 deer with mine...6 does and a 140" 10 pt, a 128" 8 pt and a 126" 10 pt.....As was stated before they are a great bow for the price...You can get one and still have some money left over for decent sights and other accesories(sp?)
Old 07-03-2003, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

Bought a rowning Tornado last season and love it!!!! Smooth, flat, and FAST!!!

very happy with it.