Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Lumenok arrow nocks >

Lumenok arrow nocks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lumenok arrow nocks

Old 07-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default Lumenok arrow nocks

I'm considering buying a package of Lumenok nocks but online there are different types to choose from like the lumenok s, the lumenok gold tip, and the lumenok x. What is the difference between them.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are different models depending on your arrow size. Some arrows have a different inside and outside diameter. I have used lumenoks in the past and really dont care for them. The nock actualy slide back and forth in the arrow to activate and deactivate. I really like the new nockturnal lighted nock. Give them a look, there are actualy less expensive than the lumenock.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks i'll look at them
Old 07-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

That or the fire nocks, but they are pretty pricey.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

The nocks slide back and forth in the arrow? I don't think so. The inertia of the arrow being launched sets off the internal switch. I use the Luminock and they work well. I use the green and only early morning or last hour just for visibility's sake. Its really cool watching your nock disappear behind a buck's shoulder. Your arrow does have to be cut perfectly flush.
But that being said, I may try the new fire nocks too.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a link to a review that I read recently, regarding lighted nocks. You may find it helpful.

http://www.bowhunting.com/blog/post/...Challenge.aspx

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 07-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
The nocks slide back and forth in the arrow? I don't think so. The inertia of the arrow being launched sets off the internal switch. I use the Luminock and they work well. I use the green and only early morning or last hour just for visibility's sake. Its really cool watching your nock disappear behind a buck's shoulder. Your arrow does have to be cut perfectly flush.
But that being said, I may try the new fire nocks too.

Um I do think so. Just like the review pastor jim posted says, the nock has to slide forward to activate and pull out to deactivate. Another problem I had with them is when you hit something hard weather it be a log, tree or shoulder bone the battery and the guts of the nock tend to break loose and slide all the way up the arrow to the insert. The only nocks I have seen that have an inertia activated internal switch are firenocks and the g5 nocks.

Last edited by passthru79; 07-18-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by passthru79
There are different models depending on your arrow size. Some arrows have a different inside and outside diameter. I have used lumenoks in the past and really dont care for them. The nock actualy slide back and forth in the arrow to activate and deactivate. I really like the new nockturnal lighted nock. Give them a look, there are actualy less expensive than the lumenock.
How can i find out what size is for my arrow?
Old 07-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

I have heard a lot about the firenocks but i can't find them online at basspro or cabelas,(don't have a store near me)but they do have lumenoks(not going to get lumenoks)g5's, and tracers. I've heard the the tracers are good and i'm thinking about getting them. Thanks Jim
Old 07-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you get on any of the manufacturers website they will have a list of what size nock will fit what arrows. You can order firenocks directily off of firenocks website. One thing about the tracers that I did not like is the fact that you have to use a magnet mounted to your riser to activate them. They also recomend that you keep them in sleep mode so that cant be activated while in you case. I would only activate the one I put on my string and found that it was a pain to take the next arrow out of sleep mode if I need a quick follow up shot. Easy fix for that is to activate them all before you start your hunt, then you just need to put them all back in sleep mode once the hunt is over.

Last edited by passthru79; 07-18-2010 at 06:01 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.