Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New Bloodrunner 3 blade VS. Rage >

New Bloodrunner 3 blade VS. Rage

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bloodrunner 3 blade VS. Rage

Old 07-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Spike

Default New Bloodrunner 3 blade VS. Rage

What one do you think is better, looking to get new broadheads, but not sure what I want!
Old 07-17-2010, 08:45 AM
Spike

solely based on my view of both heads at the ATA show this year I would go with the NAP I have not used either head but I am thinking about using the NAP 2 blade bloodrunner ... construction is rock solid and no O rings
Old 07-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

After using rages since 2008 with 5 kills after 5 shots, I will be shooting the 2 blade blood runners this year. They are fail proof practically in cutting(although any mechanical operation can and will fail, but at least they will make a 1.5" diameter cut even if the mechanism does not work...)

The only thing i didnt like about the 3 blade blood runners was how noisy they were, although its almost irrelevant in deer hunting b/c of how the arrow speed negates part of the speed of sound.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I havent used them but have read bad things about the Bloodrunners and the screws in them failing....some say they are poorly made. I do like the fact they will cut even if they do not open...unlike most other mechanicals. May want to look into that before you buy.

Just found the topic on here...

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whit...-problems.html
Old 07-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Spike

doesnt seem to be a poorly made head just the lack of lock tight on the screws, look like NAP stepped up and corrected the issue.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mikieday
doesnt seem to be a poorly made head just the lack of lock tight on the screws, look like NAP stepped up and corrected the issue.
Yep thats what I read farther in the post....I believe I would go with that head over the Rage.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Spike

Sounds good to me, going with the bloodrunner..