Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
When do you put stands, ground blinds in the woods ?? >

When do you put stands, ground blinds in the woods ??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When do you put stands, ground blinds in the woods ??

Old 07-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be putting mine up in the next week or so. Our season opens September 1st.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

My stands are in now I will go in and check them 2 more times for maintenance before season! However I do have 1 to hang and trim for a buddy! I have been using my climber alot more!
Old 07-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt private and leased lands so I keep my stands out all year. I loosen them at season's end and tighten before the start of the next season. In areas where someone else may stumble through-Trespass- I use my Summit Climber, taking it with me in and out every time I hunt. I found any stand to work best the very day it was hung before the deer take notice or after it's been out for a couple weeks. Also before I hang any stand I spray it down and wash the seat in a scent killer and let it air dry for awhile before taking it in the woods.

As far as ground blinds... The sooner the better, it's hard to hide such a large object from a deer's attention but after a week or 2 they notice it but regard it as they would a recently downed tree they checked out a few times and sensed no danger from.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now is a good time. Go out early in the am for an hour or two and it is not so bad. It's hotter here and that is what I have been doing.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Spike

Put them up? I never take mine down.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

My permanent stands are up year round.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by twildasin
My stands are in now I will go in and check them 2 more times for maintenance before season! However I do have 1 to hang and trim for a buddy! I have been using my climber alot more!
LOL. Turn it just a bit more towards the back of the tree.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

I am putting out my stands now as well as some of the others. I usally wait for a rainy day, as I don't even want to spook them now. About the only thing I would do for ground blinds is 1. build it now if your using natural vegitation 2. if your using a pop-up cut your branch's and stuff now, even kinda put it in place so it's ready when you add the pop-up