Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need help

Old 07-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Spike

Default need help

when im aiming the bow wobles a lot what can i do to help that
Old 07-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Spike

Im new as well, well I havent hunted yet, this will be my first season, but as far as your question goes, Time and practice, You will be able to control that more, just takes time, What I do is every night I draw my bow back, atleast 20 times, when I do draw it back I hold and count to 20 seconds, It helps me out, First my draw weight was 50 not Im at 60, and also I can draw my bow and keep it steady for a good 2 or 3 min, just takes practice
Old 07-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

If you haven't gone to a bow shop to have someone adjust the bow to match your draw length and check and adjust your draw weight, you should pay your local bow shop the $20 or $30 to have it done.

It sounds like you may have too heavy a draw weight...back off and as you get used to it you will be able to increase your draw weight
Old 07-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Spike

Yes I do agree, but regardless if your not use to it, and you don't have the muscle memory then your not going to be steady, takes time..
Old 07-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

check your grip and make sure you have correct form along with everything else cause if your form is off then your shot will be to but i would start with checking the draw weight then the draw length then move on to how to be in the correct for and try and find some one who knows what they are talking about with that on and then with the grip the heel of you hand should line up with the bow then just mess around with that til your comfortable enough to go hunt
good luck hope that helps a little

Ny,
Old 07-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Spike

Lower your poundage and don't shoot to many arrows when your fist starting out. After a few days up your pull weight a couple pounds and continue this until pulling becomes easier' and don't try to pull to much weight. Pull what is comfortable to you. you never want to have to fight to bring your bow to full draw. If you are then your bow is set to high for you. You don't have to pull 70lbs just cause the bow can go that high.