Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good BH Flight

Old 07-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Good BH Flight

I just got done shooting my new Strother SR-71 with broadheads for the first time.I screwed a 100 grain Magnus Snuffer onto a 250 CX Maxima Hunter and shot it next to one of my fieldtip arrows at 25 yards and it was spot on with my fieldtips.I figured I'd try the Snuffer first since it has the largest blade surface of the heads I own.Great feeling to see nice groups with fieldtips and broadheads.The piece of tape the arrows are in is just under 2" square.This arrow is coming out at 337 fps.Bow is 70 lbs. @29".Crackers(Carters Archery) was right;he said they would fly good with BH's and he was right....as always.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

good to hear! i want my bow crackerized but it costs too much lol plus i am like 30 miles away so its even more of an itch!
Old 07-04-2010, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good choice on the Snuffers. Them babies penetrate excellent. Shot complete though a broadside bull elk at 51 yards two seasons ago, with an arrow that only weighs about 380 grains. He went 40 yards, and lights out.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

I killed a big drop tine 10 pt with the exact same broadhead-arrow combination back in '08.The arrow blew clean through that buck.366 grain total arrow weight.Same arrow as above.

Old 07-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I got the same results on the 170" KS. buck I shot last year, but the shot was only about 17 yards. After getting the pass through on the elk at 51 yards, I had no doubt what the out come on that buck would be.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Spike

I got some better hunting arrows than those maxima's. You aught to get some before I run out. If you were shooting AC super slims you'd be robin hoodin them by now.