Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
How to catch a trespasser >

How to catch a trespasser

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How to catch a trespasser

Old 06-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default How to catch a trespasser

Well I have this guy that LOVES to come onto our property. I actually had him try and climb up my ladder stand while I was in it last season!

I have seen him numerous times come onto the property and walk around while in stand...and we have chased him off MULTIPLE times.

Well now he has pushed me over the edge...he stole the SD card in my trail camera on MY property. We have posted signs all over the place and I guess he is so ignorant he doesnt care. I am happy he didnt take the whole camera...but now he knows what is on my card and he will probably be poaching whatever it is.

Are there any little tricks to catching someone? I really dont want to risk leaving my camera out there again...I was thinking about going and taking his feeder about 100 yards from the fence line and hiding it and leaving a note saying I want my card back and until that happens the feeder stays with me haha

Thoughts, ideas, recommendations? lol
Old 06-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Typical Buck

He probably took your card after it took a snap-shot of him trespassing, therefore destroying the evidence. I'm not sure why he even left the camera as his moral compass seems to be way screwed up already.

I like your idea. It's not extremely aggressive, but it is assertive. It does seem that he is not easily deterred or scared enough to stay off your property. You may need to resort to stronger measures. I imagine that the local sheriff's office is not much help in this situation, but have you had him served with a trespass notice from the sheriffs office yet? That's usually a great start. If that proves to be worthless, then it's time for more drastic measures. Make sure your property is posted well. Post it with signs with his name directly on them, letting him know of your intentions to prosecute. If you have a picture of him tresspassing already, copy it and post it on property line. Threaten him with civil suit for damages to property.

Warning though, feuds can get ugly. I wish you luck.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

certainly do not go take his feeder.
serve a trespass on him, easy to do...you can set it up with the Sheriff.
put a cam on your cam...a good hidden one with no flash, and preferably one that runs video.
He should be very luky you didnt think he was some kind of game animal
you should have called the 5.0 when he was climbing your tree stand the 1st time.
lawfully you can disarm him and keep his stuff. ( i.g if you tell him to drop his stuff, and then ****** him to the gate to meet the cops...what ever is on your land is yours.)

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 06-27-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

Kick his ass one good time and he won't come back.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

get an electric fence around your property
Old 06-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

halfbaked....I kinda got scared when I seen him coming...being a girl I dont think I could take a grown man by myself if he chose to fight back lol I just flashed my flashlight at him instead of opening my mouth so he thought i was a guy and not a girl from hearing my voice haha

Im not gonna destroy any of his property...just do as he done. Except give it back once my property is returned
Old 06-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you have no problem catching him - when you do, get him charged and take him to court. The only option that will work and not cause you legal problems.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wvOHIOfan
Kick his ass one good time and he won't come back.
Hard to get much hunting done when you are either in the hospital or serving time for assualt. Bad suggestion - usually from someone who has never been in a real fight.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by KYDeerHunter03
halfbaked....I kinda got scared when I seen him coming...being a girl I dont think I could take a grown man by myself if he chose to fight back lol I just flashed my flashlight at him instead of opening my mouth so he thought i was a guy and not a girl from hearing my voice haha

Im not gonna destroy any of his property...just do as he done. Except give it back once my property is returned

certainly this takes you down to his level, makes you a thief, and all he has to do is call the cops and this whole thing back fires on ya. and your the one with the rap sheet. you will do what ya want, im jus sayin its worth thinking over....one time someone shot up my dry storage, a 55 gallon drum..and was painfully obvious where the shots came from, so i stuck a note on their trailer door...they called the cops said i trespassed, i did to leave a note, and said i took thing, which i did not. i never got in trouble, but i learned my lesson..waited for the guy to show up, called the warden, said i just saw him do it, and he got a ticket..sweet victory.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

Take a wireless security camera that feeds to you computer or tv where you can record it then set it up on your camera or stand. That way if they take it you still got a pic of them. Before all that i would check with your family to see if they pull the card, cause that happen to me last year. They pull the card and didnt let me know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.