Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Happy Fathers Day, Dad! >

Happy Fathers Day, Dad!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Happy Fathers Day, Dad!

Old 06-23-2010, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default Happy Fathers Day, Dad!

A couple months back, my dad's bow was stolen out of the garage, by some neighborhood thugs... He'd been really down about not having a bow any more, even though he hasnt been able to hunt for a long time due to work. So I took him to a bow shop on Saturday, under the guise of needing a new release... after a few minutes of "just looking" at new bows we came across the 2010 Mission Voyager. SOLD i said... my dad started looking at me with that "if its what you want, but can you afford it look"... wasn't until the guy was ready to check draw length and I pushed my dad up to the plate that it dawned on him what was happening... "WHAT?!? Son you shouldn't be!" But his resistance melted surely the more he shot it.

As for the bow itself.... WOW!!!! I WANT ONE! I bought a Bear Game Over this past winter, and have yet to hunt with it... but I'm gonna get a Voyager. Just can't help it. Whisper quiet, smooth draw, and I can't even feel it when it goes off...

But a good Father's Day none-the-less...