Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bowhunting a sport or life style ? >

Bowhunting a sport or life style ?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting a sport or life style ?

Old 06-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

I think at first its just a sport,but after you do it for a while you love it so it is a lifestyle. Its a lifestyle for me.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Spike

It's definitely a lifestyle, and I don't think alot of people realize how much some of us put in.

For at least a couple days every month of the year, I'm in the woods doing something that has to do with whitetails. Whether it's scouting and snooping around bedding areas in February, trimming trees before Spring turkey season, running cameras when it's boiling hot in mid-Summer, hunting every available day in November or making one last attempt at a late-season doe. It takes hard work to be regularly successful, there's no way around it. And for alot of us it's a labor of love.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is not a competition (sport) it's a way of life. If you want to call it anything else try...."pastime" but never a sport!!!
Old 07-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

It is not a competition (sport) it's a way of life. If you want to call it anything else try...."pastime" but never a sport!!!
If you didn't have the thrill of the chase, the years of practice it takes to become great, the growing as a hunter, etc... etc... Would you still do it?

If you knew that you could go out into the woods and that big ole buck was just waiting for you to shoot him would you still do it?

No matter how you look at it hunting is a sport. It can also be a lifestyle, a way of life, a passion, a obsession, etc... but it is definitely a sport.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:31 AM
Dominant Buck

no matter how you look at it hunting is a sport.
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its pretty much all I think about! haha Probably not healthy Deer and deer hunting had a great article about this topic.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:20 AM
Typical Buck

To me bow hunting is a sport (competition between you and the prey). I pretty much only bow hunt now days, because it feels like more of a challenge to me. Some could also say it is a lifestyle because it takes so much time and preperation to seek the rewards that we all want. I think I spend more time in the woods during the fall then with my wife, so I guess it would be considered a lifestyle after all
Old 07-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by GMMAT
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You obviously missed the point of the entire post.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Spike

Definatly a life style as I have hunted 44 years with a bow and harvested just about everything in north america. Major addiction.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

It's my only pass time, so it invariably has changed my lifestyle. I believe as far as hunting sports go, bowhunting is the closest to an art. Which is why it's my only pass time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.