Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
where to place my stand? >

where to place my stand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

where to place my stand?

Old 06-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Spike

Default where to place my stand?

ok guys i need your opinion! like many of you, i got the itch early this year and have been scouting and walking my property to look for new stand locations. i will be hunting most of the time on my dads property and ive been trying to figure out where to hang a stand.

i live in the suburbs of new york so i dont have hundreds of acres lke other guys. the property behind his house is about 6 acres. i cant find any funnels or natural paths so i am having a hard time picking a stand location. i have located a bedding area so im thinking of placing it about 100 yards down a slight downhill from it?

i will be setting a trail cam next week. should i set it in an area where they might move? or should i just use my judgement and move the stand after i notice how they move in he fall. any scouting/stand placement tips would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-19-2010, 06:10 AM
Fork Horn

can you supply areials of the land?
Old 06-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Burly man, Im no whitetail expert, but the one thing I always look for is thick cover , find some nasty swampy brush, or some thick mountain lural on a ridge, and find a good tree in the middle of it, to hang your stand. odds are, a good buck hides in there during daylight hours. sneak in there well before the sun come up.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Post an aerial of the property and we could help you out a lot more