Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Womans Bow

Old 06-18-2010, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default Womans Bow

My lil' woman is thinking of trying bowhunting Not really sure why, she hasnt killed anything in her life BUT, if thats what she wants to do, so be it. So my question is, not knowing if this is something she may stick with, what is a good,reasonably priced bow? I would imagine she is about a 25-26" draw and 40-55 Lb # Any good recommendations without spending a ton of money at first? IF she gets into it, then I will be posting another thread as to how to get her azz out of bed early enough!

Hopefully this isnt a ploy to invade deer camp!
Old 06-18-2010, 08:25 PM
Spike

the diamond razor edge or the pse chaos are pretty decient shooting youth/woman bows.. pretty reasonable priced with the package deal. both should be roughly $300-$350 give or take
Old 06-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife shoots a Mission Menace by Mathews. She loves it! Won't cost you an arm and a leg either.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Martin makes a few models in the 35-50# and 45 - 60# draw range. And changing draw length is a snap. It takes about 2 minutes to remove 2 set screws, replace the module with the correct one and reinstall the screws. So easy, a caveman can do it. The Cheetah is an excellent bow. Smooth, quiet and deadly fast with absolutely no vibration or recoil.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot a Parker Sidekick. I've had it for 2 seasons now. It's quite, smooth and nicely priced. Also has option to get second set of limbs. Hope she sticks with archery.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I ran into the same situation with my wife a few years ago. I got her a parker micro pheonix to start with. After a full season with that it was pretty evident she was addicted. Right now she is shooting a bowtech equalizer. Parker, PSE, Hoyt and Diamond all make many good reasonably priced bows that will work, and if she really gets into it there are many higher priced options to upgrade to also.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Daughter shoots a Bear-they have a couple models 20-50. Her's is a 35#45# & loves it. We have G-Kids getting old enough to start shooting & I bought an extra one just to teach them . They are under $300 & good Bows..
Old 06-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

I got my girlfriend a Razor's Edge and it's a sweet little bow...really quiet, not much vibration at all, VERY smooth draw cycle...sometimes I like shooting hers just because it's a fun bow to shoot, even though the draw length is like 4 inches too short for me. She pretty much uses my hand me down rests and sights and they work great for her. Highly recommended!
Old 06-30-2010, 08:33 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all of the feedback but she left... the idea