Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
how badly do you want it >

how badly do you want it

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how badly do you want it

Old 06-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default how badly do you want it

I started my lessons to get a hunting licence in Belgium.
Each weekend, saturdaymorning and sundaymorning we got tutored for 3 months. When you pass your theoretical exam, they ask you to come practice shooting shotgun. That's 4 months every saturday morning. I practice archery every sunday morning, tuesday and thursday evenings.
I have an IBEP course next weekend for two days and then after that I have another exam in France different from IBEP to get a licence to bowhunt in France.
In august I have my final practical exam. I have to know firearms safety, then I need to shoot 10 clays and hit 5 ( hunting style, so they come from any direction ). After that I have to shoot 10 7x64 bullets at a 4 inch target 75m away and get 5 hits ( with scoop )
If I succeed I can bowhunt in France and hunt in Belgium.
I'm all so getting married in July, I still need to find a decent suit and the rings.
I'm getting a hard time from the misses on top of that.......

But I'm determined to go hunting........

F
Old 06-12-2010, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know exactly what your going through. Im studying my butt off right now trying to get ready to take my cdl tests. Its sucks but im determined to pass it and start a new career. I hope all goes well for you and you get your hunting licence.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting is a human instinct, people who do not hunt, are neglecting their predatory nature, and have replaced it w/ disgusting fast food, and processed garbage, and consider themselves evolved . Good luck in your quest.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

man, that is more like a mission.
seems like way to much to have to do...but i think it weeds out the people that could bring harm unto others because of ignorance.
so its 50/50
if ya had to do all that here, man there would be mass hunting areas for everyone who had a license....for minimum charges, if any considerin public lands would be some what desolate.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
man, that is more like a mission.
seems like way to much to have to do...but i think it weeds out the people that could bring harm unto others because of ignorance.
so its 50/50
if ya had to do all that here, man there would be mass hunting areas for everyone who had a license....for minimum charges, if any considerin public lands would be some what desolate.
The governement doesn't want hunters, because they own guns and everyone who owns a gun is a potential killer....
So they make it very hard to pass the exams.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Spike

Don't feel alone, South Africa is also starting with their version of making life difficult for hunters and gun owners.
we are at a point now where a application for your firearms license take +/- 2 years.
they actually brought in amnesty periods where gun owners who are not interested in re-licensing their firearms can hand them in for destruction and you would not believe the amount of firearms already in police safes going to be melted.