Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Loop have any advantage >

Loop have any advantage

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Loop have any advantage

Old 05-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default Loop have any advantage

I went to gander mountain the other day to try out quest g5 primal bow, sweet bow by the way,anyway the bow was set up at 29" draw a inch to long for me had a loop and a peep sight
on it.The sight was a single pin that could be slide up or down.the first 3shots we hit 6" high we moved the slide down and we hit low we moved the slide between the two marks
and hit 9 bulls with 9 arrows shot at 20 yrds. I always shoot off the string with a kisser,peep sight,2 brass nocks and a rubber groumet under my arrow and the brass. Thought about switching to the loop, but decided it would be slower and more
movement. In a hurry situation i might miss the exact spot on my nose were I anchore, with a kisser its always the same.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:08 AM
Fork Horn

IMO a D-loop has many advantages,for one with a D-loop thier is less twisting of the string witch will rob accuracy and buy removing the added weight on your string from the two brass nocks and the groumet,it will give you a little more speed! Also they cause no damage to your serving.
There is a sticky with directions on tying soft nocks and installing a D-loop I do mine a little differant but IMO soft nocks and a Loop are the way to go!
Old 05-25-2010, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are several advantages to a loop. 1. It holds the arrow more square 2. You don't wear your string 3. The loop keeps your release from contacting the nock 4. The arrow will stay on the string even after drawing down.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I switched and never switched back. I love having a loop. I don't know a lot about tit enough to back my opinion up but I'd say switching is your best bet.

Ryan.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with everyone else, a loop is really the only way to go. No wear on the string, less torque on the string at full draw. Just make sure you know what your doing if you tie it your self, or it could come untied and you'll pop your self in the mouth, ive done that a couple times
Old 05-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

I've always used one. Go to http://www.limbsaver.com/ take a look at the "High Speed Slow Motion Videos". After watching this I'll never not use one!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:59 AM
Typical Buck

Default Agreed

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
There are several advantages to a loop. 1. It holds the arrow more square 2. You don't wear your string 3. The loop keeps your release from contacting the nock 4. The arrow will stay on the string even after drawing down.
I can't add anything more!!!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep. nock pinch in itself are reason enough to shoot a loop