Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
4 Months to go .... Colorado Elk Camp 2010 >

4 Months to go .... Colorado Elk Camp 2010

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

4 Months to go .... Colorado Elk Camp 2010

Old 05-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 4 Months to go .... Colorado Elk Camp 2010

Well it's coming round , bit not quick enough I can tell ya .

My first trip in 2008 with Will ( iamyourhuckleberry ) was amazing , but unsuccessful in terms of tagging out . I remember saying back then , that I would not be back till 2011 . Well I was wrong , cuz I've managed to get saved up , flights paid for and spending money waiting to be changed to $$$$ 12 months earlier than I had anticipated .

So this year I'm returning to Colorado with Will and Gang , along with a few fellow Brits who I managed to get together .

Slight differance this year , as I will be hunting with Trad gear . I'll be taking My Kanga Yarra 57# Longbow , Gold/Tip Trad Arra's , Outback Supreme Broadheads , I have practiced relentlessly to become proficient and accurate enough to become confident at that vital moment .... should the shot present itself . Getting in Close will be the key and my Enigma Camo will take care of that , along with some steady footwork .

I'll be going for an either sex Elk tag and will take the first legal Elk I have the pleasure of stumbling upon . I've not taken up Bowhunting to get the Biggest Bull I can Find or biggest antlers , I just want to be out their hunting game on their terms , their land , with Bow and Arrow ( Trad or Compound ) , size or sex is not an issue to me . I'm just happy to be able to pursue my chosen sport , being as it's Illegal in the UK

If you missed my thread on my first trip in 2008 , its here http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowh...-pictures.html

Good luck to all those heading to the High Country this Fall , I sure hope you get the best from your hunt and hope to read the stories on this Forum before long .

Steve Schultz , Jeff , Will , Matt , Greg , Rob to name a few , really lookin forward to meeting you Guys .
Old 05-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yip, been getting the cardio in shape, 'cause like you say.....the time'll be here before ya know it..Hope ya get an arrow in one this fall.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Feelings 100% mutual Dave!! Looking forward to meeting your crazy self as well!! It sure can't get here quick enough that's for sure.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Typical Buck

damn, I'm jealous now.........wish I could come along.....

F.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by m9a9g9i9c
damn, I'm jealous now.........wish I could come along.....

F.
Frank , seriously , if there is any chance you can make it Buddy .... come along , would be great to have you join us .
Old 05-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bailsuk
Frank , seriously , if there is any chance you can make it Buddy .... come along , would be great to have you join us .
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ain't got no mooooooooooooooooooooneeeeeeyyyy
and

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII can't get no vaaaaaaaaaaacaaaaaaaaaaaaatioooon

but I'm gonna win the lottery, then I'll come for sure....

F.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Typical Buck

And now I have a another friend of mine inviting me to go hunt with him in South Africa !!!!!!!

talk about bad timing, I could ask the misses to get married afterwards but then I'll be limping the whole hunt I think.....

F
Old 05-18-2010, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

You get yourself married first , Elk camp will always be their . When you have your lovely wife , then you can tell her you going hunting ..... and still be limping the whole way lol .

Let me know when you are ready Buddy
Old 05-22-2010, 02:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still dragging my feet. I wanna go again but not sure if I wanna spend the money. If I can sell my property I might try bowhunting this yr. The fire rages inside and it's killing me. I missed a monster last yr on public land, and my pic to the left was my first elk hunt in unit 059 on private. You got me pumped now. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!