Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Picked up a new bow yesterday... >

Picked up a new bow yesterday...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Picked up a new bow yesterday...

Old 04-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Picked up a new bow yesterday...

I shoot, and tentatively plan to keep shooting, a Matthews Outback. But, I got a really good deal from a guy for a bow/climbing stand combo. I had been looking for a good used climbing stand and stumbled upon this deal. The stand is a Summit Goliath SS, but that isn't important...on to what is.

I got a Bear Lights Out, outfitted with a QAD drop away rest, Impact Archery pendulum sight, what looks like some cheapo stabilizer (solid black, no writing on it anywhere and about 6" long) and a Plano SE Pro Series 44 bow case. The bow was bought new in August '09, this guy is just getting out of deer hunting now. When I got home I adjusted the draw length to my pull of 30", but it still seemed maybe just a tad short. Could just be that it feels different than what I am used to. I flung a few arrows and liked it pretty well...I shot one of these bows a couple years ago, and like it then as well. Does seem to have a somewhat aggressive draw cycle, but not a difficult one.

Enough rambling...down to the nitty gritty. What are some of your opinions on this bow? How would you compare it to my Matthews Outback? I have never shot pendulum sights and am skeptical to say the least...is this warranted? Thanks in advance for your input!
Old 05-01-2010, 05:27 AM
Spike

Wink lights out

hey my opinion on the bow is i love mine. I got a G5 expert II on mine and it works great. I shoot a spott hogg 7 pin sight. My bottom pin is set at 80 yards and i only shoot a 27 inch draw at 60 lbs. with muzzys she zips right through the does. when i was shooting alot i could hit a clay pigeon at 80 yrds so i think its a good bow little vibration needs some string siliencers never shot a matthews but i have no need to !!