Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good deal?

Old 04-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default Good deal?

I decided to finally upgrade my 7 year old Martin to a better and newer top shelf weapon with this years tax return. I had planned on buying something new and was leaning towards bowtech and then i shot the PSE bowmadness and really liked the feel. So then i started looking further into PSE and found a 2007 X-Force for $350.00. I have not shot the X-Force but have heard nothing but great things. I assume that it will feel good as well given the fact that what i really liked about the bowmadness was the grip. Is this a pretty decent deal assuming that the bow is in good/great condition?

Thanks,

Dustin.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

2007X-FORCE
Old 04-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Personally I would get the bowmadness over the X-Force. The 2007 X-Force has a very steep and hard draw cycle compared to the bowmadness, a much much shorter valley than the bowmadness and a 1" shorter brace height. The bowmadness is definitely the more forgiving and easier to shoot bow of the two.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

In all honesty, that's a pretty decent price, you could probably sell it for what you've paid for it at that rate, but as bigbulls said, it's got a HARSH draw cycle that many don't care for. I like a valley in a bow personally, and that thing ain't got one.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:07 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
In all honesty, that's a pretty decent price, you could probably sell it for what you've paid for it at that rate, but as bigbulls said, it's got a HARSH draw cycle that many don't care for. I like a valley in a bow personally, and that thing ain't got one.
But at that price it's really hard to pass up. I guess i need to decide if the little bit of extra smoothness is worth extra $400. On the flip side the X-Force is a much faster bow.