Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Duravane Fusion

Old 04-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Spike

Question Duravane Fusion

I'm new to the sport and all about it! I'm looking for the prime arrow setup for my elder Mathews MQ1. It's set at about 60 to 62lbs and will probably set the weight higher as I adapt. I'm leaning towards the Easton FMJ's, 340 size, but this is also where a lot of question come along with the millions of theorems. Nevermind that for now, unless you have the best advice, but bottom line, what inch is the best: 1.5", 2", 3", etc...? And any direction for the best arrow setup (arrow length, broadhead weight, thickness of arrow, anything), I'm all ears.

note: my reach is 29"
Old 04-15-2010, 02:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been shooting the 2" version on my ACC's for the last 6 months and they are great. Basically, they are equal in durability/accuracy to the Blazers but are easier to glue on a helical.

Some of the 3" have just arrived last night but I haven't fletched or shot them yet.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

340 spine may be a bit too stiff, unless you're going with heavy FOC. I use 340 spine on my Muzzy Phantom 220 grain, and when shooting 100 grains in front I use 400 spine.
I have basically the same set up. I would rather see someone shoot a little over spine than under which is very common these days however.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Spike

Let me know how they work out comparing to the 2". I appreciate the input.