Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Need help with Magnus Bullheads >

Need help with Magnus Bullheads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need help with Magnus Bullheads

Old 04-14-2010, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need help with Magnus Bullheads

They are flying left on me and my sights are maxed out. I switched to 4 fletched arrows and that helped some but they are still a bit left. Any suggestions? Im gonna be taking it to the bowshop today but wanted any other advice from you guys. Thanks!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd suggest un-screwing all three blades and flipping them all around and see if that changes the POI. I'd guess it will.
Reason being is that the blades have an angle to them, they aren't a true 90 degrees to the tip. By flipping them 180 degrees, they most likely will fly differently then they are now.

Last edited by Howler; 04-14-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:26 AM
bigcountry

First off, have you broadhead tuned your bow? When you get your field points hitting with your Broadheads, thats a start. You might have a arrow spine issue if you can't, or a host of other issues.

Can't say I have used these turkey heads. Looked somewhat fragile. But good luck

Last edited by bigcountry; 04-14-2010 at 10:28 AM.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Bullhead is a tough head, but I was not impressed with the accuracy I was able to get once range exceeded 15 yards.

I tried everything last year, different spines, several fletch combinations, etc. but finally decided to screw on the Grizz Tricks and go hunting Turkeys. If I need to take a shot at 25/30 yards I want to know I can hit exactly where I am aiming

I killed 3 Turkeys with the Grizz Tricks so I was a happy Turkey hunter.

Dan
Old 04-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

Use the Victory arrow that Magnus recommends.

Paper tune and all that stuff with field points

Sight in with field points

Unscrew field points - screw on Bullheads and you should be good to go.

KISS
Old 04-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Move your rest in towards the riser if you are right handed... That will only be a band-aid for an array of issues but that should get your sights in a bit...

BTW-this is not my best tuning advice for the issue, but if you are just going to move your sight to the head, that would be the easiest way to go about it.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

They are definitely not fragile; we've been shooting the same one into couch cushions probably 30 times and they bend a little, but still fly true. I switched to them from 125g field points and only had to adjust my sights up a little higher. I haven't used them on a turkey yet though