Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
High Country Ultra of some sort? >

High Country Ultra of some sort?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

High Country Ultra of some sort?

Old 04-06-2010, 05:26 AM
Spike

Default High Country Ultra of some sort?

First post here long time lurker...

I have been previously shooting a old Martin Pantera for a few years that I picked up a friend. He loaned it to me and now needs it back, another friend has a High Country that he is not using anymore. I am trying to figure out what model it is and maybe what year? I tried the search function but no luck. It says Ultra One on the inside of the top limb, and he says its probably in the 10 year old range? The outside of the limbs say High Country and HGA Vibra Flex Armor with a serial number of 0136650. I dont see a model name of Ultra One on the string sheet on the site so maybe its one of the other ultra's listed there?

Also it's in really great shape with a new string recently, a new single pin lighted copper john site, and a fairly new rest and the quiver. Does anyone have any idea what this thing is worth between friends? I dont want to insult him but I also know its an older bow and I dont think they hold their value. Thanks for the help!
Old 04-06-2010, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

HCA made an Ultra Force and an Ultra Extreme, not sure which one you have. Can you tell me if it has two cams or it a single cam? I am thinking because of the "Ultra 1" labeled on it, it might be one of their first single cam bows.

The HCA Ultra Force I had had two hatchet cams on it and we pretty darn quick, but LOUD, but a very good shooter.

As for as what it is worth, not much. First, this bow is older than 10 years old, I would guess at least 12 years old. Second, HCA went thru an ownership change and there is ZERO warranty for their older bows and I would not even want to start shopping around for parts. If it were me, I would offer him what the new sights and rest cost and call it good.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Spike

Thanks for the reply, I havent looked at it in a bit so I need to go home and check it again. I think he has 100-125 in the site, rest, and string recently does that sound close? Plus he gave me a bunch of arrows which I might not actually need if I have to change the draw and they dont fit anymore.

It's weird that it doesnt say force or extreme anywhere on the bow but the One for one cam makes sense. I will try and post up a pic tonight.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a High Country Ultra Force for like 7 years, It was and still is my favorite of the all the bows I have owned. The reason I kept it for so long was because I couldnt find a bow to replace it. It was fast, very forgiving, but loud like mentioned before. But I never had a deer jump my string etc. If I could find one in new condition I would buy it in a second.
The Ultra Force is basicly a tricked out Excaliber (which was also a great bow for its time) with a machined cut out riser, split limbs with the vibra flex armour and a fancier camo finish. Pike

Last edited by J Pike; 04-08-2010 at 02:25 PM.