Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Rage VS. Slick Trick >

Rage VS. Slick Trick

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: Which Broadhead is Better Rage or Slick Trick
Rage is Better
44.44%
Slick Trick is Better
55.56%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Rage VS. Slick Trick

Old 03-30-2010, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 2 Samuel 22:35
Thanks for the all the info.
I am new to bowhunting but i already love it!
I think i am going to go Slick Trick.
It sounds like a good BroadHead Overall
But really do you guys have any Pix?
I love seeing whole holes in a deer made by a broad head

PS when i said i am new to bowhunting that does not mean i am new to hunting.
Well first off Welcome new Bowhunting Friend!!! I can't really comment on which BH is better bewtween the two because I don't hunt with either. But I did want to say that, thats the best part about bowhunting to me. There are so many options!!! Don't limit yourself to deciding between two BH's because you hear and read alot of hype about them. Sure they are both excellent heads and you may be please with either one. However go and shoot as much as can, you never know what you might find that works with you and your set-up!!! Just my two cents- good luck to you and have fun with it
Old 03-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BvrHunter
Well first off Welcome new Bowhunting Friend!!! I can't really comment on which BH is better bewtween the two because I don't hunt with either. But I did want to say that, thats the best part about bowhunting to me. There are so many options!!! Don't limit yourself to deciding between two BH's because you hear and read alot of hype about them. Sure they are both excellent heads and you may be please with either one. However go and shoot as much as can, you never know what you might find that works with you and your set-up!!! Just my two cents- good luck to you and have fun with it
Thanks it sounds like you have experience.
That is good advice i think i will try more than 2 broadheads.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:43 PM
Spike

Default broadhead

I must admit that once I tried Slick Tricks I was totally sold on them compared to anything I had previously tried. I haven't tried Rage and see no need to as ST's have always shot right with field points for aboutfive of us and they are deadly. I wouldn't want to try a mechanical when a fixed head works so well.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

I took this hog with a rage 3-blade,didnt pass through but it ran only 40yds and rolled up.the blade came out in perfect condition,cleaned it up and replaced blades good to go.
Attached Thumbnails Rage VS. Slick Trick-picture-001.jpg   Rage VS. Slick Trick-picture-002.jpg   Rage VS. Slick Trick-picture-008.jpg  
Old 03-30-2010, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slick Trick Entry holes on a couple of deer....

Wasp Jak-Hammer Entry holes....

Now the BIG difference is....... The Slick Tricks were able to be sharpened and used again without blade changes or anything after going through those 2 Big old does and both BH's HAD been through at least one other animal before those two does picture. While both Jak-Hammer BH's were in need of at least one blade needing replaced, after going through those deer. Blood trails were 50 and 70yds for the ST's, while they were 70 and 130yds for the Jak-Hammers!!! And 3 of those deer had their heart hit while the 3 had her Aorta severed. All of the blood trails were sufficient, actually,the first doe pictured was "tracked" by my 5yr old just to let her get out in the woods, and she followed the 70yd trail in a matter of a couple minutes walking me right to the deer!!!

Here is HER "Hero Picture......"

Hope that gives you something to think about in your decision making process.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:29 AM
Spike

Wink

Originally Posted by Wheatley
I like how all the shows show the blood trail most of the time on the rages and say thats why I shoot Rage broadheads. I was watching a show the other night when a rage was used and a well placed shot on an antelope. They didn't mention this time that they were using the rage broadheads because the blood trail was scarce and then just went away. The antelope went a long ways and they never did say how far.

The point being that any broadhead out there will do the job and there is no telling when or when not you will have a great blood trail. Put the shot in the place it needs to be and you are set. I would shoot either or but I prefer a fixed blade head.
I 100% agree! Alot of hunters blame their bad shots on their broadheads When really if you are accurate enough you could make your kill with a practice tip. Well said wheatly.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Camo girl
I 100% agree! Alot of hunters blame their bad shots on their broadheads When really if you are accurate enough you could make your kill with a practice tip. Well said wheatly.
Yep could not agree more!
Do you bow hunt?
If so what bow do you have
Old 03-31-2010, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't vote because I don't shoot either of them...Muzzy's here. Tough as nails, and replaceable blades are SHARP! There is a reason that they have been around as long as they have. I have only bow hunted one year, and only took one doe, but am definitely hooked! The muzzy definitely did it's job. 50-60 yards track job.

Now, between the two you mentioned, I would vote the Slick Tricks...never have to worry about the performance on a fixed blade. More power to you mechanical head guys though...just my .02
Old 03-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with the others, the slick trick does the job! I have taken 16 deer with one head, all pas thru's. I would still be shooting it but after going through the buck it stuck deep into a tree root and I couldn't get it out. The one I am using now has taken 4 does and 5 bucks, and still ready for more. I just clean and sharpen. If the blades go bad you can get replacements. I don't take picture of the gore, but one of the bucks shot this year went 10yds with blood everywhere. I have had complete pas thru in a spine shot.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Barrel Test

BROADHEADTEST

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.