Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ross Archery

Old 03-28-2010, 03:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default Ross Archery

What happened to Ross??? Are they still around?
Old 03-28-2010, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bowtech bought them out.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

Right, but Ross doesn't have a website and I can't find any info on them anymore. Bowtech owns Diamond, but you can find Diamond stuff everywhere.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Brian K
Right, but Ross doesn't have a website and I can't find any info on them anymore. Bowtech owns Diamond, but you can find Diamond stuff everywhere.
I seen a few hanging in a Bass Pro Shop last week as matter of fact.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

Andy Ross and Bowtec got into some issues over the last bow Ross came out with. Ross has taken Bowtec to court so it is a wait and see thing now. A friend of mine who was a Ross dealer had to remove his Ross's from the show floor. He sent them back to Bowtec and they paid him back. According to a letter he showed me once it is worked out in court they will let him know. This was around the 1st of the year he has since became a bowtec dealer.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:53 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by RJPOUTDOORS
Andy Ross and Bowtec got into some issues over the last bow Ross came out with. Ross has taken Bowtec to court so it is a wait and see thing now. A friend of mine who was a Ross dealer had to remove his Ross's from the show floor. He sent them back to Bowtec and they paid him back. According to a letter he showed me once it is worked out in court they will let him know. This was around the 1st of the year he has since became a bowtec dealer.
Yep. Andy Ross is also going around shows trying to resurrect his name/company. He built a great line of bows but doesn't seem to know how to run the business. Maximum Archery wasn't a very good TV show either.......
Old 03-31-2010, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kinda too bad about Ross. The original bows they came out with very cery good shooters, and Cardiac was a great bow IMO. Its a shame when the product is good but the guy behind it doesn't know what to do with it. The tv show was terrible.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info, that helps a lot. It's too bad, I was seriously considering a Ross bow for this season... guess i'll have to wait and see what happens...
Old 04-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will take this opportunity to put a shameless plug in here. Should anyone be interested I have for all practical purposes a very reasonably priced 2009 new in the box 70 # Ross Carnivore 34 (RH) for sale. It has never seen the woods or 3D course and is built like a vault. It is a great bow in pristine condition but I need to make room for some other "stuff".
Old 04-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

I fyou like the Ross Cardiac line hen check out the G5 Quest Hammer. They are the exact bow. Originally G5 did all the tooling for Ross . When G5 and Ross parted ways G5 was left with alot of parts. So they started making bows. I own two a QS31 and a QS33 I love them both.