Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broad Heads

Old 03-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Typical Buck

Talking Broad Heads

What are some good expandable broadheads to use.
I've heard so much about "Rage"broadheads and how they are the best

But others say they never work.
Any input?
Old 03-17-2010, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think Rage is one of the better expandables on the market. I like the Spitfire XP's and the Spitfire Maxx also. I think they are just better quality, and they will work very well. Nothing wrong with the Grim Reapers IMO either.

Those that know me, know I prefer a fixed blade head. Just less to go wrong IMO

Dan
Old 03-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default Thanks

Thankshttp://www.huntingnet.com/forum/images/smilies.orig/s2.gif
I have used fixed
but i wanted to try somthing new
i think i will go with rage
Old 03-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Spike

rage, is the best. imo. put massive holes in deer
Old 03-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Having been both routes, I was a believer in my Wasp Jak-Hammers for a long time, but when I tried Slick Tricks, I was converted. A ST Magnum leaves a BIG hole and is durable as anything on the market. I put the same BH through 3 deer, and 2 coyotes in one season, re-edged it, and it was back on an arrow at the beginning of this season, and I lost it when I arrowed a grouse in Colorado back in September, and the arrow passed through and was lost in a field of sage and high grasses. If you find something more durable and dependable than a SLICK TRICK, be sure to let me know.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Though I haven't used them since Escalade purchased Rocket... if they are still as good as they were, and I were forced to use a mechanical it would be a Rocket steel head. It is one of the very very few mechanicals that I have confidence in.

I personally wouldn't use a Rage if I were paid to do so.

My broadhead of choice is the Slick trick. I would put them up against any broadhead on the market... mechanical of fixed.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Spike

rage=

Old 03-18-2010, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Slick Trick......GOOD SHOT PLACEMENT FROM A TOUGH ACCURATE BH.....

And a pretty good BLOOD TRAIL as well.....

And my SLICK TRICK was right back in my quiver after a little re-sharpening, ready to work again.

Also, I believe if you BH tune a bow, it will shoot not only BH's but also FP's better than previous, and I know a couple of accomplished target shooters who do this with their TARGET BOWS to get a FINER tune.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:45 AM
Fork Horn

I totally agree with the Slick Trick! The new one I like is the NAP Bloodrunner! Even if it doesn't open, like some mechancal heads fail to do, it will still leave a 1" hole on the 3 blade. For those of us that know, through reading, mechancals, can and will fail. Just give them time!! I will sell Spitfires, Grim Reapers, and Bloodrunners, but not the Rage in my store! On a well sharpened blade, a hole through the lungs will bleed the same, with two different types of bh's. IMHO
Old 03-18-2010, 04:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

I will be trying the new G5 T3 broadheads this year... the best of both worlds... like Rage meets good fixed blade.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.