Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
In need of a blind >

In need of a blind

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

In need of a blind

Old 03-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

I too am giong to purchase a blind and was thinking of the db, what is the difference between the darkhorse and matrix.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Spike

id go with double bull blinds, i gave up on the cheap blinds too, i used to have an ameristep and it was terrible. The newest model with the adjusting shooting window and the 10 sec setup is the way to go.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've owned and hunted out of several blinds and the ones I have pictured below are my favs. From left to right, the Double Bull Dark Horse, the Double Bulll Matrix, and the Ameristep Bone Collector.

The DB Dark Horse is my fav to bowhunt from. From it's full length huge shooting window to it's super heavy duty canvas type fabric... it honestly is top of the line.

Now for gun hunting or someone that just can't spend the cash that the DB's cost, the latest offering from Ameristep, the Bone Collector is a BEST BUY! You won't find a blind anywhere near this good for the price! In fact, it has many features that I would LOVE to see passed on or copied by Double Bull. From it's removable windows to the sewed in gun ports to full wrap around brush loops located along both the top and the mid section of the blind. I'm VERY impressed with it's overall quality.... especially considering it costs under $200 !!! I bought the one pictured, new in box, with FREE shipping for only $165!

A closer look at the BC blind. Atleast at this price, everyone can afford to have a decent blind to hunt from now.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Il-Cornfed,

I have a chance to buy a Primos Vision Blind, looks to me to be identical or a copy at least (same camo, screening, silent windows, etc.), of the Double Bull Matrix. There is only about $10-$15 difference in price between the Vision Blind and the Bone Collector blind. The problem is I have to choose without actually seeing and handling either in person. Both are very reasonable in price....Any imput?
Old 03-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, thats a tough call AE ?!?

I've also never seen the Primos Vision blind. However, they do claim its made out of the same hevy duty material as the other DB blinds and you won't have any blind spots with its full window system.... I'm willing to beat that it's a better blind, in MY humble opinion.

As I've mentioned though... I just haven't seen the blind for myself though.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

what $100 blinds did you use in the past?
Old 03-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Spike

double bull has room for two but packing in with their back pack bow and two chairs is not for the faint of heart. Setting it up is easy after some practice. Same for take down in the dark. Will have to admit that I did feel like a clown the first time on X-mas day in the living room rolling around on the floor in it as my wife and two daughters belly laughed.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Fork Horn

red head makes a pretty descent and inexpensive blind that is extremely easy to set up. I have had one just like it for about 3yrs now and I have never had a problem with it. I have had me and a buddy that was calling turkeys for me in it and there was plenty of room. Bass pro has them on sale right now here is the website if you want to look

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._SearchResults
Old 03-21-2010, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man, thats a tough call AE ?!?

I've also never seen the Primos Vision blind. However, they do claim its made out of the same hevy duty material as the other DB blinds and you won't have any blind spots with its full window system.... I'm willing to beat that it's a better blind, in MY humble opinion.

As I've mentioned though... I just haven't seen the blind for myself though.
Hey thanks for the help, I respect your opinion and appreciate your honesty. As mentioned I have not seen either blind in person so I needed to defer to someone who has had experience with these blinds. In the pics it looks the same as the DB Matrix but I am sure "corners" have been cut somewhere to make it cheaper than the $400.00 (or so) price tage of the Matrix. I don't know what the Matrix is made out of but the Vision blind is made of 600 Denier Polyurethane-backed Polyester with fade -free UV coating (whatever any of that is....)

If I pull the trigger it will probably be for the Vision blind....

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

http://dev.gorillablinds.com/cms/con...ws-monster-pro

I saw these at the Mathews Show in Dec. and LORD they are huge on the inside and built like a tank.

2 are on order for this turkey season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.