Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Why do you shoot what you shoot? >

Why do you shoot what you shoot?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do you shoot what you shoot?

Old 03-13-2010, 05:41 AM
Spike

I have not shot a bow in 12+ years. I hurt my shoulder in 97 and the Martin I was shooting was killing me so I guit hunting with a bow. A friend of mine told me that the new bows are much smoother and might not hurt me. So it was off to the bow shop. I got sticker shock. They were all priced sky high. And I know how other left handed people feel. There was only one LH bow in the shop and it was used. So I didn't have much to go on. I never had a chance to shoot any of my friends bows they are all right handed. So I got on Ebay and took a chance. I bought a 2008 New in the box Bowtech TOMKAT for 269.00 It is by far the best bow I have ever shot. I know there are bows that might be better. But this bow is smooth and easy and with a 8 inch brace very forgiving. I Love my Bowtech
Old 03-13-2010, 06:24 AM
Spike

I have had a pearson, browning, Bear whitetail pursuit, Bowtech Old Glory, and now Bowtech Guardian. The first things I look for is a bow that is comfortable to shoot, dead quiet, no hand shock, good speed, good finish and one I am confident in. I am happy with what I am currently shooting and don't see the need to try to the new ones. Once I lose my confidence I will start looking for a new one. Right now I am highly confident on the range to 60 yards and don't feel I can improve on my current groups so I am happy. You gotta buy what fits you best and makes you the most confident, regardless of brand. Everyone buys for different reasons, otherwise we would all be shooting the same bow.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have learned in reading these post that a personal choice of a bow is as unique as the individual that chooses. We all have different requirements an desires in what we are looking for in a bow. That is the great thing about having so many choices.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Spike

The first bow I purchased with my own money was a Hoyt Magnatec back in 1998. I loved the look of the riser. And I fell in love with it. I have purchased 2 new Hoyts this year alone. A Powerhawk and a Maxxis. I can't at this point see myself shooting anything else but a Hoyt.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

PSE OMEN.

Why? Accurate and quiet speed bow and I don't have to put much effort into distance judging.. 1 pin out to about 30 yards.. yeah!
Old 03-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by AR Bowhunter
I have learned in reading these post that a personal choice of a bow is as unique as the individual that chooses. We all have different requirements an desires in what we are looking for in a bow. That is the great thing about having so many choices.
Gotta agree with that AR!

One man's Trash is another man's Treasure

Dan
Old 03-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by nick_bleuer76
Martin makes a less expensive bow, but it is still not low quality, that is why I shoot it. I bought it when I was poor, and have shot it since then.
To me a martin is a cheap and low quiality, I tried 10 bows before buying mine, a mission ux2, which is 200 dollars less than i was going to but i liked it the best. Definatly anything by Matthews is for me.