Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Guide Gear Blind?? >

Guide Gear Blind??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Guide Gear Blind??

Old 03-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Guide Gear Blind??

what do you guys think of this blind??? i have always wanted to get a blind to hunt from...especially one with shoot through windows...anyone own this particular one and if you have what did u like and dislike??
thanks!!
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=552574
Old 03-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have two of them. They are not a bad blind for the money, but not the greatest either. I gun hunt only out of mine, the material is pretty noisy and with my size I would be pretty cramped bow hunting out of it.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

hmm...looking for one for the purpose of bow hunting....
Old 03-03-2010, 06:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you're looking for a bohunting blind, I daresay this is not the one you want. I would look for a decent quality 5 hub blind that measures at least 60" x 60"

Another thing about mail ordering a blind. Some of them are made of very shiny material that really stands out when it's sunny. i believe the SG blind you linked is like that. My personal favorite is the leafy style made with dull camo material. I got one made by Eastman Outdoors at a Farm and Home store on sale for $150. A lot of guys swear by Double Bull but the price tag is around $400. For the money I love that Eastman blind

Another thing to remember is that virtually any blind will also need some brushing in no matter how good the camo is on the exterior.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think there are more good blinds available now than there was 5 years ago.

Most of the items I have bought at Sportsman Guide were a disappointment. Maybe just bad luck, but it seems like the mart mart of outdoor outfitters.

I was once told if I wanted good clean oats I'd have to pay a fair price, but if I was satisfied with oats after they had been through the horse there were bargains to be had. A lot of truth in that statement.

I have owned and used several blinds and IMO if you really plan on doing some serious blind hunting over a number of years buy a Double Bull Dark Horse. All around it's the best blind I've seen.

Dan
Old 03-04-2010, 03:49 AM
Fork Horn

I have one simiilair to that and for bowhunting it very cramped.My arm would hit the back at full draw.You can get a descent hub blind pretty cheap these days,and they are far more roomy,personely i would go with a hub blind....
Old 03-05-2010, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Did some scouting for one

as a backup to my tree stand. Found the following.

What's your archery draw and the measurement of you in full draw.
I found some of the blinds are too small for me, especially with the screen windows closed. Remember the sharp arrow is at one end and your bony elbow is at the other.

Do you use mechanical broadheads? Would they open if the arrow hit the closed screen first?

Some things to consider.