Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ameristep Outhouse Blind >

Ameristep Outhouse Blind

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ameristep Outhouse Blind

Old 06-16-2003, 09:50 AM

Default Ameristep Outhouse Blind

For this upcoming archery season i was thinking about getting a blind. I was looking at the Ameristep Outhouse Blind, but i heard because it is made out of the water resistant nylon that when the sun hits it, it lits up. Is this true? And if it is how do you fix it?
Old 06-16-2003, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ameristep Outhouse Blind

I can' t help you with the lighting problem but I will tell you the outhouse I bought does not have enough room in it to draw a bow without sticking your bow hand out the window. It narrows rapidly as it goes up. It' s fine for guns but not for bows.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:21 AM

We use the blinds from Game Tracker and they have enough room for the shooter and the cameraman. There are plenty of different ones out there and of course all different kind of price ranges. Just check with someone who has used that type and see if it had enough room in it?
Old 06-16-2003, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just to make sure we were on the same page, I looked at the bass pro shop online catalog at the Ameristep Outhouse blind and it is the same one I have. It' s 5 and 1/2 foot at the bottom but where your shoulders are it' s about 3 foot. Forget about it for bowhunting. Even if shoot sitting down, you' ll have to do one of two things to shoot a bow in it, 1. Stick your bow and hand out the window before you pull back or open the back door all the way and sit in the door. I tried both ways and it sucks. Get a bigger blind.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ditto on the comments about it being too narrow up top where the windows are. The Doghouse model is only $70 at Cabelas and it is wide enough for you to shoot out of. All of the models are made of the nylon material and, no, it does not reflect in sunlight....especially the 2003 redesigned models.
Old 06-16-2003, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

there is not enough room in an outhouse for bow hunting you would be better off with the doghouse or a penthouse.

the out house is used for exactley that in our deer camps not enough room for much of anything else.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

mount dave, the 2003 doghouse, is 8" wider than the 2002 doghouse. I sold my 2002 model and got the 2003. there' s a good bit more room, plus it has a zip in floor, gear pockets on each side, and a strap with loops around the outside to stick limbs in to brush it in. I' d recomend it over the 2002, but the 2003 model is heavier than what it' s advertised to. it' s closer to 20 lbs, than 14 lbs.
Old 06-16-2003, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

The doghouse looks really cool.....im gonna try it this year i think. I seen some good deals on them.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought the Doghouse blind before spring turkey season, and I really like mine alot. Alot better blind then I expected it to be for the $. I plan on using it bowhunting this fall, and like to sit in it w/my 2 boys.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bogobble

...it has a zip in floor...

A zipper in the floor?...So you can wiz if ya gotta?

Quick Reply: Ameristep Outhouse Blind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.