HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Why I love rage 2 blades (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/317262-why-i-love-rage-2-blades.html)

Patriot15 02-12-2010 05:44 PM

Why I love rage 2 blades

I shot this buck a couple years ago. He was my first with a rage and I've been hooked on them since. Since him I've shot 3 hogs, one turkey, and two does and none have ran past 40 yards.

Patriot15 02-12-2010 05:45 PM

ok sorry guys i have to figure out how to make the pics larger.

KYDeerHunter03 02-12-2010 06:24 PM

I shoot Muzzy and none of mine have ran past 40 yards lol Its all about shot placement. Rages do leave a huge hole I must admit. Congrats on all your harvests!

Brian K 02-13-2010 04:21 AM

I shot the three blade model a couple of years ago and had a lot of problems with the blades opening up in my quiver. I started to second guess whether they'd open up in flight due to the vibration of the shot. I just couldn't get past that and ended up selling them. I'm a fixed blade guy now. But, obviously, shoot what you have confidence in.

GMMAT 02-13-2010 04:50 AM

Only in these threads.

Amazing.

MeanV2 02-13-2010 06:38 AM

I am Not a big fan of mechanicals, but if I were going to shoot one the Rage would be on my short list. The most devastating broadhead I have ever killed Game with was the Rocket Mini Blaster 4L It was a 4 blade mechanical with a 1 3/4" cut. They were pretty much one shot heads, but they did some Awesome damage.

Broadheads are much better quality than they were a few years ago. There are several I would have total confidence in, especially Slick Tricks, G5 Strikers, and any NAP broadhead.

I prefer a 4 blade head because obviously they will do more cutting. I have shot Slick Tricks since 03 and the Grizz Trick model the last 2 years. I don't remember the last time I had to blood trail an animal.

If you put a Sharp broadhead in the boiler room they are dead on their feet whether they know it or not, and will rarely make it very far unless the shot was off the mark. A Bad shot is always a Bad shot and a good shot is a dead animal in short order.

Dan

fishinty 02-13-2010 07:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I love rage two blades too because of the holes they leave in the animals you shoot . None of them go over 100 yards.heres a pic of a hole!!!

BuckI380 02-13-2010 07:49 AM

I shot a 9 point this year with the rage two blade, he went about 30 yards, I love em.

bigcountry 02-13-2010 08:06 AM

I shot a doe this year with magnus 2 blade. Went about 20 yards. Love em. Shot a 8 point last year with thunderheads and went 29 yards (and maybe dozens more like this). Love em. Shot another doe last year with montecs, went 5 yards. Love em. Shot. Shot a few more 8's, 4s, and the whole gambit with muzzys 3 blade. All when hit properly never went over 50 yards. Love em.

Whats cool about these is, I never paid over 5 dollars for any one of them. You got to love that. (oops, my mistake, I paid over that for montecs, but in all fairness, one head killed 8 deer)

bigcountry 02-13-2010 08:08 AM

One thing I do love about rages, is they have an excellent marketing department. They could sell ice to an eskimo