Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Why I love rage 2 blades >

Why I love rage 2 blades

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why I love rage 2 blades

Old 02-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Why I love rage 2 blades

I shot this buck a couple years ago. He was my first with a rage and I've been hooked on them since. Since him I've shot 3 hogs, one turkey, and two does and none have ran past 40 yards.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

ok sorry guys i have to figure out how to make the pics larger.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot Muzzy and none of mine have ran past 40 yards lol Its all about shot placement. Rages do leave a huge hole I must admit. Congrats on all your harvests!
Old 02-13-2010, 04:21 AM
Fork Horn

I shot the three blade model a couple of years ago and had a lot of problems with the blades opening up in my quiver. I started to second guess whether they'd open up in flight due to the vibration of the shot. I just couldn't get past that and ended up selling them. I'm a fixed blade guy now. But, obviously, shoot what you have confidence in.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Only in these threads.

Amazing.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am Not a big fan of mechanicals, but if I were going to shoot one the Rage would be on my short list. The most devastating broadhead I have ever killed Game with was the Rocket Mini Blaster 4L It was a 4 blade mechanical with a 1 3/4" cut. They were pretty much one shot heads, but they did some Awesome damage.

Broadheads are much better quality than they were a few years ago. There are several I would have total confidence in, especially Slick Tricks, G5 Strikers, and any NAP broadhead.

I prefer a 4 blade head because obviously they will do more cutting. I have shot Slick Tricks since 03 and the Grizz Trick model the last 2 years. I don't remember the last time I had to blood trail an animal.

If you put a Sharp broadhead in the boiler room they are dead on their feet whether they know it or not, and will rarely make it very far unless the shot was off the mark. A Bad shot is always a Bad shot and a good shot is a dead animal in short order.

Dan
Old 02-13-2010, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

I love rage two blades too because of the holes they leave in the animals you shoot . None of them go over 100 yards.heres a pic of a hole!!!
Attached Thumbnails Why I love rage 2 blades-rage-hole.jpg  
Old 02-13-2010, 07:49 AM
Spike

I shot a 9 point this year with the rage two blade, he went about 30 yards, I love em.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:06 AM
bigcountry

I shot a doe this year with magnus 2 blade. Went about 20 yards. Love em. Shot a 8 point last year with thunderheads and went 29 yards (and maybe dozens more like this). Love em. Shot another doe last year with montecs, went 5 yards. Love em. Shot. Shot a few more 8's, 4s, and the whole gambit with muzzys 3 blade. All when hit properly never went over 50 yards. Love em.

Whats cool about these is, I never paid over 5 dollars for any one of them. You got to love that. (oops, my mistake, I paid over that for montecs, but in all fairness, one head killed 8 deer)

Old 02-13-2010, 08:08 AM
bigcountry

One thing I do love about rages, is they have an excellent marketing department. They could sell ice to an eskimo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.