Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Hoyt Alphamax 32 string noise >

Hoyt Alphamax 32 string noise

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt Alphamax 32 string noise

Old 02-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hoyt Alphamax 32 string noise

Just recently bought this bow i love it its great but it seems loud im not sure what its called but its like the rubber stop that the string hits to either reduce the noice or vibration im not sure which one well when the string hits it makes a loud twang noise is this normal?
Old 02-08-2010, 03:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have shot, setup, & tuned a couple of AlphaMax bows. They are a very nice Bow indeed. 2 of the ones I worked on, I ended up changing out the stock suppressor for a Custom MeanV Hoyt OEM replacement at the owners request. It made a very noticeable difference.

I have sold several of the Hoyt rpl. models and Feedback is very positive.

I suppose you still have the shox silencer in the string? You might also try positioning it in different locations to see if that will help.

Dan
Old 02-08-2010, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by HoytUltratec
Just recently bought this bow i love it its great but it seems loud im not sure what its called but its like the rubber stop that the string hits to either reduce the noice or vibration im not sure which one well when the string hits it makes a loud twang noise is this normal?
A cheap fix is to cut the factory rubber stop off with a utility knife, then super glue a Sims Recurve Ultra Limbsaver in it's place. Big difference in noise.

Then, take those Hoyt string silencers out of the string, and install some Tru Ball Spyder Speed Silencers.......or have a bow shop install some brass nocks at your string ends near the cam.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

Well problem solved i took an allen wrench to it and tightened everything down that had to do with the string suppressor and its silent now very little noise and none from the string suppressor whatsoever.