Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

stab's?

Old 02-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Spike

Default stab's?

i just ordered a destroyer 350. i have a sight and a rest so i need a new stab? any opinions as to what would work well? bow will be used for 3d and hunting. was thinking bstinger or posten? any opinions?
Old 02-08-2010, 03:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like the following Stabilizers:
1. B-Stinger
2. Octane
3. Multi rod Doinker
4. Vibracheck Icon

Dan
Old 02-08-2010, 05:07 AM
Spike

my only concern with a bstinger i'm not sure what weight to order. i am thinking a 10.5 inch but unsure what weight would be affective
Old 02-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jrob_bfd
my only concern with a bstinger i'm not sure what weight to order. i am thinking a 10.5 inch but unsure what weight would be affective
Check out www.xtremestabilization.com and look at the x3.

It is basically like getting 3 different length stabilizers for the price of one. 6.5" 8" and 12" are the lengths it can be set at. They come with the full set o weights as well so u won't have to guess like the b stingers... They utilize a super light carbon rod and a heavy end weight design for a very high front of center weight ratio.

They work on the same principles as the b stinger, but are more adjustable(different lengths and multiple weights) and they are cheaper! Double whammy IMHO.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by jrob_bfd
Just remember the more weight and the farther out it is the more effective it will be.

There are always trade offs. The most popular I would say is the 12" with a 14oz weight, but you might want to start out conservative. Or if the 12" does Not bother then go for it!

Dan
Old 02-09-2010, 01:48 AM
Typical Buck

Paradigm SOS!!!! or the new stabilizer they have out. They are nearly infinitely adjustable/ tunable. Standard SOS can be set to three different lengths (more with the addition of extension tubes). The weights can be moved front and rear as well as radially to fine tune the balance. It has a built in Quick Dissconnect, and can be mounted inline of offset.

So many options in one stabilizer!!!!

www.paradigmarchery.com (website appears to be down, it was in desperate need of updating, hopefully that's whats going on with it!)
Old 02-09-2010, 06:10 AM
Spike

Another vote for the B-Stinger!