Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
My first Bowtech. >

My first Bowtech.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My first Bowtech.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Spike

Default My first Bowtech.

Well after many years of wanting to try a Bowtech I finally bought one. I went with the 2010 Admiral FLX. Very nice bow the fit and finish are flawless! The Admiral has a pretty smooth draw cycle...it has a small hump at the very back of the draw as it dumps into the valley, but overall a nice feel. It has a rock solid back wall and holds very well. I was speechless at just how deadly quiet this bow is! I've heard the phrase "Absolute Zero is Cool" and man this bow lives up to it...ZERO hand shock. The first arrow I put through it was crazy...just squeezed the trigger on my release and heard a light thump as the arrow smacked the Spyderweb target! This should be an amazing bow to hunt whitetails with this fall. I've read a lot of horror stories over on AT about tuning the Bowtech's...let me just say that this bow tuned perfectly. First arrow shot through paper produced a perfect tear! I really like the FLX guard, I can assure you there is no added vibration from the FLX guard. It works just as advertised. Great job to Bowtech on this bow, look forward to putting lots of arrows through it in the weeks and months to come.
Attached Thumbnails My first Bowtech.-admiral-2.jpg   My first Bowtech.-admiral-1.jpg   My first Bowtech.-admiral-3.jpg  
Old 02-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

Great review snyper. I have the 2009 Admiral and it is my favorite bow to date. It's going to be tough bow to let go if I ever feel the urge to upgrade...
Old 02-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know what you are talking about. I had been an extreme Hoyt fanboy for over 20 years until I picked up a Bowtech Captain last summer. I have never shot a bow that was as smooth as the Captain. Hope you enjoy your new bow.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 02-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice rig. Have a blast with it.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

The BowTech Center Pivot Bows really give you that Wow factor when you shoot them.

I Love my Captain!!

Dan
Old 02-09-2010, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

Great review, I know what you are saying about the Admiral.. That bow is sweet!! It was in top three to purchase this year but I decided to go with the Destroyer.. But that is a great bow for sure... Have fun with it!!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:20 AM
Spike

The Destroyers are very nice, that's for sure. Been a lot of the 340's sold at the shop this year. 3 of them sold this Sunday afternoon alone.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice bow... congrats on your new purchase...