Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Better bow?  Elite GT500 or Quest Primal? >

Better bow? Elite GT500 or Quest Primal?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Better bow? Elite GT500 or Quest Primal?

Old 02-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default Better bow? Elite GT500 or Quest Primal?

Which bow would you choose and why? Elite GT500 or Quest Primal?
Thanks
Old 02-07-2010, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

if budget is not a concern- then go with Elite- far better limbs (Barnsdales). The fit/finish/riser machining, etc is better. The transferrable warranty is a plus for some-comes with Limbsaver gear pre-installed, etc.

The Quest however is very nice bow for the $- The cams are licensed from Elite so you will get similar draw characteristics.It shoots fairly smoothly. I personally feel it doeesn't hold as well due to the "whispy" feeling lighter riser, but for guys who like short/lightweight bows, it will probably feel great. Solid glass limbs on a "binary style" cam is my only real reservation- historically it's not been a super durable combination.

Bottom line- if you are planning on keeping the bow for several years- Elite is the clear winner. But if the budget is super tight, the Quest is not a bad choice at all, but for the same $ I reccomend the Rytera Alien Z/X, Martin Warthog as these have laminated limbs. BowTech SWAT would be another good choice.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

When purchasing a Bow you really owe it to yourself to check out all the Bows available in your area.

It would be a shame not to go shoot bows from BowTech, Diamond, Hoyt, Mathews, PSE. IMO these manufacturers are the cream of the crop.

Dan
Old 02-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

I have shot and owned most of the high dollar bows out there. I get a good deal on Elite and Quest line, so I thought I would go that route this year.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:54 AM
Typical Buck

You'll just have to shoot both and decide for yourself. Elite make a top notch bow and I've never hears any major complaints on the Quest bows either. Whichever fits you best would be the way to go.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Me personally i would get the Elite Judge have you shot that baby yet?? It is the most awesome bow I have ever shot!! Walt