Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bow for the little MAN!!! >

Bow for the little MAN!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow for the little MAN!!!

Old 02-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Spike

Exclamation Bow for the little MAN!!!

Looking for a bow for my 8 year old son and could use all the help i can get. Looking at a Parker bow because of the "Grow With Parker" program that will put new limbs and cams as he grows for only 50 bucks and also cause of the bow weight. If any knows the pros and cons please let me know and also if any thinks there is a better bow for youth to let me know.

Just trying to see what people bought there little ones. He has been shooting a really cheap bow and I think that its time for a quality bow.

Thanks for all the info.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

I picked up a fuse freestyle for my daughter. 10 to 25 lbs draw weight and 14 to 24" draw. Modular set up on the cams so you can adjust draw length and weight at home without a press. I think Diamond has something similar in the nuclear ice package. Both run about $150. Figure by the time my girls get to the age and stength they are shooting the bow maxed out, they well have shown me enough commitment to the sport that it will be time to move up to the minor leagues and get a Mission Menace or Hoyt Trykon Sport Junior.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Spike

The Diamond Edge is a perfect bow. You can have as low as 15# all the way to 50#s. the draw leghth goes all the way to 28". This is a bow that can be used for a very long time for around $200-250 set up ready to go. I bought one for my small framed wife. She started around 25#s but quickly moved up to 50#s.
I use one for bowfishing. It is truly a great bow and i highly recomend it.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Diamond Razors Edge. Here is a review I did in early 2009.

http://huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunti...youth-bow.html
Old 02-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Diamond Razors Edge is one of the Best choices there is for a youth Bow.

Dan
Old 02-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Spike

With out taking my son to a pro shop how do I see how much weight he can pull and how long his draw lenght is. Thanks
Old 02-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Mission Menace, made by Mathews. I really like it. It goes up to 53lbs and 30in (I think). Whole setup with case and arrows and everything on the bow was $450. It comes in a variety of colors too.