Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Late Season Hunts >

Late Season Hunts

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Late Season Hunts

Old 02-05-2010, 04:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Late Season Hunts

I was sitting out in the stand yesterday evening hoping to take a late season doe. I think these are the most challenging hunts there are. After an entire season of hunting, these deer are at HIGH ALERT. I had 2 nice mature doe come in and get about 15 yards away. The only problem being was I could not draw on them. The slightest movement they would look at me every time. Over a 20 minute time span I tried to raise my bow 30 times. I was unable to. Finally when the one doe turned its back to me I was almost at full draw when another doe was coming in from behind me. She snorted and sent them all scattering. Overall I seen 27 deer. There is a big storm hitting today and Saturday then Sunday is our last day. I think I will give it one last shot on Sunday.

Last edited by ManofTheFall; 02-05-2010 at 04:20 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:52 AM
Typical Buck

i would go all 3 days (if you can) if i were you, since you still can get a deer! i don't think this snow storm will slow them down that much, they will get up and shake off snow and move around a bit to keep warm. sat. will be pretty windy though so it might be a little tougher finding deer. but i don't know what your area (terrain) is like so good luck to you.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:58 AM
Spike

I am in the same boat. I can see tracks everywhere but they won't come near me. I want to go this weekend but a foot of snow may make it tough
Old 02-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Spike

Trust me buddy.. Just be THANKFUL your season is not over and you can still go.. my season ended january 1st... and the 31 of december i saw the biggest buck i've encountered and couldnt get a shot so GOOD LUCK
Old 02-06-2010, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, we have 20" inches her in Tuscarawas county, (Ohio). Hopefully I can get out on Sunday. It is the last day of the season. Right now it's still coming down and isn't suppose to quit for another 6 hours. Could end up with over 2 feet of snow.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I Love late season hunting, especially in the snow! You are right! It is one of the most challenging hunts there is.

Dan