Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Do you remember your first doe and buck bowkill? >

Do you remember your first doe and buck bowkill?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you remember your first doe and buck bowkill?

Old 01-28-2002, 03:29 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-28-2002, 07:28 PM

Default RE: Do you remember your first doe and buck bowkill?

My first doe was shot at 30 yards, she moved as I shot and I hit her dead center in the neck, dropping her. My first buck came a year later, at 14 yards. Right behind the front shoulder, through both lungs.

"Playing under the table and dreaming"
Old 01-29-2002, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

My first deer with a bow was a young doe. I was 14. I was leaving my stand and walking out on a pipeline...she came across the pipeline about forty yards in front of me. Double lung, she went about 10 yards and it was all over. I know it wasn't a good shot, but I was young and stupid!

My first but came in 2000...11-2-00 to be exact. First thing in the morning he came crunching to my grunts. There was a frost on the ground, I could hear a deer coming for a long time. He passed under me, and stopped quartering away...thwack! I hit a little farther back than I wanted to, but got the heart and both lungs. I was using 2.5" Vortex broadheads at the time. He was a small 7pt, but a good deer for ANF in PA.

I don't have a pic of my first doe, but I do have one of my buck. If I can dig it up on here, I'll email it.

Jason
Old 01-29-2002, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Let me say that I'm really impressed with the stories, especially kshunter - nice going, give yourself a pat on the back.

My first deer with a bow happened about eight years ago in my first season. It was a learning experience for me since I mainly hunted with a shotgun before then. I had seen deers all season, but nothing within range. Toward the end of the season a four point came out and was walking fast about 25 yards out. I drew and shot. I hit the deer in the liver and it traveled about 200 yards before going down. I had to shoot it again. I say this was a learning experience because I would never take this shot again. I learned how much a deer can travel before the arow actualy gets to the deer.
Old 01-29-2002, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

My first bow kill with a bow was about 7 years ago. I will tell the story and there is no excuse for what I done and will never do it again. It was a very cold dec afternoon just before christmas about 4pm I heard a truck pull up so I thought I better get ready and sure enough 3 deer came running by and the last one ran within 20yrds and I while the deer was at a dead run I shot it in the spine. I know, I know it was a terrible terrrible, terrible thing to do and will never do it again. It was the first and last time I have done that. Back then I put to much on taking a deer and have learned alot.
Old 01-29-2002, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a couple pics of the buck Jason N. got. Good job guys.

Visit My Hunting Page

Old 01-29-2002, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

My 1st deer (a yearling doe) was taken at 35 yds. I was 15 & it was 45 years ago(in Illinois) with a stick in bow, wood arrow & ma3 blade. My 1st Buck was in 1964 right after I got out of a 5 year Navy tour in Northern Wis.. 20 yd. shot & he had a spike on 1 side & fork on the other. The mount "STILL" hangs in my home with "MANY" others since then. Wood arrow & Bear Razorhead 4 blade. both on ground stands.
headin for Texas in am for wild hogs for 8 days with my son. Still slingin arrows boys...

always thankful
Old 01-30-2002, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was 15 when I shot my first buck with a bow. He came in trailing 9 doe that I had under my stand. He was a five point, with all his tine broken just about down to the main beam. I hit him a little back and found him the next morning.
Old 01-30-2002, 11:42 AM

My first buck was in 1984, a 10 pt. at 19 yards, grazed the lungs & after 4 hours of crawlling around in an almost unpenetrable swamp found him lying dead at the base of a large maple tree.
My second was 2 years later, a button buck at 13 yards, perfect heart shot, it just fell over right where I shot it.

The first one was 12 years after I started bowhunting, but had numerous bears, rabbits, groundhogs & even a Canada goose before this.
Will not forget the experience.

Oh yah, 10 years after shooting the 10 pt. I had it scored at 124&1/2 P&Y, after a lot of prodding from friends to have it scored.
Old 01-30-2002, 01:10 PM

No picture. It was 1960, the first day I ever deer hunted with a bow and the first day of the season. I was trial watching when a six pointer walked right up between me and the trial about 10 yards away. I got lucky with a deflected arrow that was intended for the heart lung area but hit him in the neck. He ran about 70 yards and dropped over. He bleed to death. The cedar shaft with a Bear broad head hit him in the neck cutting the jugular and wind pipe.
The next year I had to hunt almost every day of the season before I shot a doe fawn on the last day walking back to the farm house because I was too cold. Either way I was hooked on bow hunting.

Quick Reply: Do you remember your first doe and buck bowkill?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.