Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Depressed....No Bow. >

Depressed....No Bow.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Depressed....No Bow.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Depressed....No Bow.

I had to sell my Mathews LX, it was an older model but I loved it, killed alot of deer with it. But I had to sacrafice some things in my life right now due to not being able to find a job, and bills are piling up. Cant even get a interview at sewer places because I am "over qualified" and other places more technical I dont have the "experience". Seems there are thousands fighting for those inbetween jobs.

Anyways, when things do turn around, I am thinking of totally changing things up, just for something different. I may look hard at Hoyt and Elite bows, go to a whisker biscuit instead of a drop away, try a new broadhead other than muzzy, definately get a different stabilizer and sight. The only thing I will keep the same is my release, TruBall Copperhead and my arrows GoldTip 5575's.

Anyone else ever done this? Were you happy with the new set up, or did you go back to what was "normal" to you???

Last edited by Rob/PA Bowyer; 01-19-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

Hang in there dude, things will get better (when though, right?).

I think you'll like the switch-over to HOYT!!! You know you really want to anyways, I mean, who doesn't want to shoot a HOYT!? LOL

It would be a good time for you to check out some new items. If you're bow-less right now, I'd def. keep an eye out over on the AT classified sections, there's always great deals on bows over there and even if you're not looking to buy now, you can atleast get an idea as to what's out there.

There was an '07 Hoyt Vectrix for sale for like $375 last night, not a bad deal.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by englum_06
Hang in there dude, things will get better (when though, right?).

I think you'll like the switch-over to HOYT!!! You know you really want to anyways, I mean, who doesn't want to shoot a HOYT!? LOL

It would be a good time for you to check out some new items. If you're bow-less right now, I'd def. keep an eye out over on the AT classified sections, there's always great deals on bows over there and even if you're not looking to buy now, you can atleast get an idea as to what's out there.

There was an '07 Hoyt Vectrix for sale for like $375 last night, not a bad deal.
Elite it is!!! LOL....Ya I will be checking, may go up and see Deb at Blueridge and shoot a bunch of different ones.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:59 AM
Banned

Hang in there!!! God has a reason for everything..keep your chin up. Technology has really changed in bows from your old LX. You will like the change, once things get going better with your work.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Definitely go to Blue Ridge! I've bought ALL my stuff there, and there is none better in Central IL. Their inventory is amazing, so you'll be able to shoot plenty of different bows. Sorry to hear about the job situation.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by solocamcan
Elite it is!!!
REMEMBER WHAT I TOLD YOU I WOULD CALL YOU!!!!!!!

Old 01-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

Keep sending out those resumes and something good will come to you. Good things come to those who deserve it.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

hope you find something soon!

i have never completely changed my setup.....i have just changed one thing here and one thing there
Old 01-20-2010, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjCIopssjEg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HGG5d-hC8M
Old 01-20-2010, 06:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Best of Luck to you! Yes the economy is tough right now! You will have No problem with a New setup and will more than likely enjoy the change. New Toys are Fun!

Dan