Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Ladder Stand Concealment >

Ladder Stand Concealment

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ladder Stand Concealment

Old 01-17-2010, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default Ladder Stand Concealment

What is the best concealment system out there for your ladder stand? I have a regular ladder stand with no side rails just and seating platform - I need more concealment - any recommendations would be wonderful - going to apply this next season - I am a big guy 6'5 300 - need a good concealment system for bow hunting around 15 ft off the ground - thanks
Old 01-17-2010, 06:34 AM
Dominant Buck

I sat in a ladder in KY that had a cedar on each side of the ladder. That was "ideal".

You could always cut a couple from other places and tie them to your ladder rails. Instant concealment. Burlap for around the top would work, also. There's a few companies making concealment blinds for this application.

Honestly, I don't worry too much about mine. I have 6 in the field, and I just make sure I'm in a tree that wide enough to obscure my outline when I'm standing up against it.

Also....I rarely hunt these stands after leaf drop. I, like you, feel naked in mine, many times.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

Comfort Zone makes some camo concealment . I think it's called Shooting Rail & Skirt . I'm gonna pick one up this week at D!cks Sporting goods as they have them on end of season sale for $25 . I think it has a padded bracket that straps to the tree with a shooting rail and the camo hanging on the rail . I figure , for $25 , i'll give it a try .
Old 01-21-2010, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I picked up a buch of Christmas tree garland (looks like little branches of a tree) on clearance from wal-mart for $1 a 6-pack. They've got that hard wire that you can bend any direction. I think they are about 2 feet long so I figure if I put a few coming up from the platform and some behind for a little outline buster might be the trick. I'll see this year how it works.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Camoflex has some nice cover gear but it is expensive. Check it out here http://www.camoflex.net/
Old 01-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks, Bird Dog
Old 01-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Banned

Zip strips and cedar limbs, or other limbs in the area.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

If the Ladder Stands stay out the entire season IMO deer soon pay little attention to them. Brushing them in or setting them in a perfect location wouldn't hurt though.

I'd say the 200+ # bowhunter dancing around on top is what grabs their attention. As with any stand sitting still is a plus and definitely paying attention to when you move when deer are in close is of utmost importance.

Dan
Old 01-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MeanV2
If the Ladder Stands stay out the entire season IMO deer soon pay little attention to them. Brushing them in or setting them in a perfect location wouldn't hurt though.

I'd say the 200+ # bowhunter dancing around on top is what grabs their attention. As with any stand sitting still is a plus and definitely paying attention to when you move when deer are in close is of utmost importance.

Dan
This is the truth, if possible try to shoot sitting
Old 01-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd assume he's wanting to conceal the ladder from other people so it doesn't get stolen. Otherwise, why bother!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.