Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
If it's Legal? It's Legal right? >

If it's Legal? It's Legal right?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default If it's Legal? It's Legal right?

I am always amused at guys that will argue that killing any Deer that is legal is a personal choice and should be up to the individual.

The same guys will argue that baiting, dogs, crossbows, and even in some radical's opinions that compounds, traditional, etc., etc. shouldn't be used or are unethical.

IMHO opinion if it's legal in the state/area you are hunting then it's a personal choice. If you choose to fine! If you choose Not to, also fine, but why would you condemn someone for doing something that is totally legal and is their choice.

Just don't understand this manner of thinking?

I have never hunted any type of Big Game with a Gun, Dogs, Bait (other than Bear) or a Crossbow. I have taken animals with both Recurves and Compounds. Your choice of methods and weapons is your business, and mine is mine. I won't condemn you for your choices, nor do I expect to be condemned for mine.

Why is it that some BowHunters (I use that term loosely) feel the need to condemn those in different areas for the Legal choices they make?

Dan
Old 01-16-2010, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MeanV2
I am always amused at guys that will argue that killing any Deer that is legal is a personal choice and should be up to the individual.

The same guys will argue that baiting, dogs, crossbows, and even in some radical's opinions that compounds, traditional, etc., etc. shouldn't be used or are unethical.

IMHO opinion if it's legal in the state/area you are hunting then it's a personal choice. If you choose to fine! If you choose Not to, also fine, but why would you condemn someone for doing something that is totally legal and is their choice.

Just don't understand this manner of thinking?

I have never hunted any type of Big Game with a Gun, Dogs, Bait (other than Bear) or a Crossbow. I have taken animals with both Recurves and Compounds. Your choice of methods and weapons is your business, and mine is mine. I won't condemn you for your choices, nor do I expect to be condemned for mine.

Why is it that some BowHunters (I use that term loosely) feel the need to condemn those in different areas for the Legal choices they make?

Dan

I agree.

I think its an ego thing---------makes them feel like they are a better hunter
Old 01-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Dominant Buck

QUOTE - Meanv
You mean.....like taking BB's?

QUOTE - Meanv
A Bowhunter once told me it is a crime against Mother Nature to kill a BB. I tend to agree!
QUOTE- dprsdhunter
I think its an ego thing---------makes them feel like they are a better hunter
I agree with that!

Last edited by GMMAT; 01-16-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
You mean.....like taking BB's?

I agree with that!

LMAO!! Great catch GMMAT
Old 01-16-2010, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by crokit
LMAO!! Great catch GMMAT
What did he catch?

I choose not to kill a BB and will Not. I am never in a rush to shoot just because a legal deer steps into range. That would be ridiculous in my area. I'd be killing something all the time. I prefer to harvest mature Does which are actually a challenge and will provide quite a bit of meat. If anyone else is of the mentality "If it's Brown It's Down" then Go for it.

Your choice won't affect my tags, my freezer, my time, or my hunting area even if I don't agree I would Not accuse someone of being unethical or condemn them.

Unless you are carrying your feelings out on your elbows and feel condemnation because I choose Not to. Maybe it is a case of self condemnation. I dunno!

Dan
Old 01-16-2010, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have never hunted any type of Big Game with a Gun, Dogs, Bait (other than Bear) or a Crossbow.

Mike Tyson never bit anyone on the ear. Other than Evander Holyfield.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by buttonbuckmaster

Mike Tyson never bit anyone on the ear. Other than Evander Holyfield.
Are You Sure?

Dan
Old 01-16-2010, 11:59 AM
Dominant Buck

even if I don't agree I would Not accuse someone of being unethical or condemn them.
Maybe not....I mean....if you're willing to overlook crimes against nature and all.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

What did he catch?

I choose not to kill a BB and will Not. I am never in a rush to shoot just because a legal deer steps into range. That would be ridiculous in my area. I'd be killing something all the time. I prefer to harvest mature Does which are actually a challenge and will provide quite a bit of meat. If anyone else is of the mentality "If it's Brown It's Down" then Go for it.

Your choice won't affect my tags, my freezer, my time, or my hunting area even if I don't agree I would Not accuse someone of being unethical or condemn them.

Unless you are carrying your feelings out on your elbows and feel condemnation because I choose Not to. Maybe it is a case of self condemnation. I dunno!

Dan
I agree!

Our camp is full of hunters who use all kinds of legal weapons an age group from 10 to 77 years old. None of us choose to shoot a BB. If a younster does it then, thats great you made a good shot. Thats where will stand as a camp. Thats the way it will be.

Last edited by AR Bowhunter; 01-16-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Dominant Buck

"except for the legal taking of BB's"

Gotta watch the fine print.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.