Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
If it's Legal? It's Legal right? >

If it's Legal? It's Legal right?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If it's Legal? It's Legal right?

Old 01-17-2010, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seems the Golden Rule is less adhered to these days...

"That's all I have to say about that"-Forrest Gump
Old 01-17-2010, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MeanV2
What did he catch?
I dunno!

Dan

ASKED,

Originally Posted by GMMAT
"except for the legal taking of BB's"

Gotta watch the fine print.

AND ANSWERED.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by crokit
ASKED,

AND ANSWERED.
You still got me! I do Not Kill Button bucks, but don't condemn those that do. I know very few in this area that will target a BB on purpose, but as we all know sometimes chit happens.

I'm glad you think he caught something.

Dan
Old 01-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey it wasn't a booner or anything....but a "catch", it was!....lol

QUOTE - Meanv
I do Not Kill Button bucks, but don't condemn those that do.
QUOTE - Meanv
A Bowhunter once told me it is a crime against Mother Nature to kill a BB. I tend to agree!
I'd be entertained (at the least) to hear how these two quotes don't contradict one another.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd be entertained (at the least) to hear how these two quotes don't contradict one another.
I agree with someone so I am condemning someone else?

Dan
Old 01-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

QUOTE - Meanv
A Bowhunter once told me it is a crime against Mother Nature to kill a BB. I tend to agree!

At worst it would just be a misdemeanor.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

Yep still a boob..............
Old 01-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

My 1st deer of this year came walking in, I just wanted to fill the freezer and get that 1st one out of the way, so I zeroed in on the kill zone, the deer was playing hide and seek behind every tree it seemed, and at 6 yards, it finally gave me the shot I wanted, still zeroed in, I shot....I never even noticed it was a BB, I felt bad, and will look more carefully from now on.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Robert...

I would think someone who said this (below) wouldn't take kindly to others condemning another hunter's choice to take any legal game he sees fit. If I'm a "boob" for pointing out the inconsistency, you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

QUOTE - treboryerf
I was thinking the same thing after reading some of the post on here recently about hunter success so far this season.Too bad there is so much pressure from all the big players in the hunting community,to only shoot mature trophy bucks,they tend to make you feel bad if you shoot something less than a trophy and I for one think we should encourage anyone to shoot what makes you happy and if you are lucky enough to have a place and the means to take trophies every year then please don't make others feel bad when they take something that does'nt meet "your high standards" deer hunting is not created equal for everyone.I would like to see all those trophy hunters hunt a few seasons with me and still feel the way they feel about what a trophy truly is.I have killed some good bucks and still let deer walk every season,but the bucks I kill are nothing, as far as inches go, to the ones I see in the magazines and on tv and on all the packing that products come in.I will always give a hunter props for whatever they choose to kill.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Robert...

I would think someone who said this (below) wouldn't take kindly to others condemning another hunter's choice to take any legal game he sees fit. If I'm a "boob" for pointing out the inconsistency, you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

I just think he likes the word "boob"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.