Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What are some good bow hunting magazines >

What are some good bow hunting magazines

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What are some good bow hunting magazines

Old 01-15-2010, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default What are some good bow hunting magazines

Hi everyone, I recently shot my first deer with my dads mathews mq1 this past fall and now I'm pretty much hooked on bowhunting. I think I like it better than gun hunting. I was thinking of buying some bowhunting magazines so I can expand my knowlege on bowhunting, so my question is what are some good bowhunting magazines for a beginner like me. I'm saving up for a new bow too so I'd like a magazine that gives review but also focuses alot on the deer too.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:50 AM
bigcountry

Primitive archery is great. Traditional bowhunting is ok, but a lot of advertisements. I like PA better.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

Petersens Bowhunting is not too bad
Old 01-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

i like bowhunter magizine says exactly what it does on the tin (cover in this case)
Old 01-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bowhunt America, Deer & Deer Hunting, and Bowhunter are the ones I prefer.

Dan
Old 01-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

As far as I'm concerned all the magazines suck besides the traditional magazines. You compound guys should check a few out, lot less advertising junk and more hunting stuff.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

bowhunting america
Old 01-15-2010, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Eastmans Bow Hunting Journal
Old 01-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Schultzy
As far as I'm concerned all the magazines suck besides the traditional magazines. You compound guys should check a few out, lot less advertising junk and more hunting stuff.
You could be onto something, there is alot of advertising in the mags. But I wouldnt say they suck.

I've shelled out some cash for the expensive Whitetail Stratagies Mag, and I found it more useful then any mag I've ever bought.

I dont buy alot of Mags, I just dont see a use in them unless there is something in them I find very useful. With so much info on the internet I dont see a use for a Field and Stream.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by KCbuckeye22
You could be onto something, there is alot of advertising in the mags. But I wouldn't say they suck.
Your probably right KC. The thing Is I've been looking at these bowhunting mags for 30 some years and to me they aren't even close to what they once were. For Instance the magazine Bowhunter was untouchable for knowledge up until advertising got a hold of It. I quit getting It now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.