Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
heart or lung shot >

heart or lung shot

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

heart or lung shot

Old 01-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default heart or lung shot

Just wondering which one yall prefer a double lung or one right in the pumping station? I like both with a rage two blade.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Double lung will nearly always put 'em down quicker than a heart shot. I'd rather collaspe the lungs every shot!
Old 01-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Spike

This is my prefrence I like to go for a double lung and the heart is a bonus but I tend to target 1/3 up and an inch or two from the sholder crease.I am not in a tree stand and this is broadside.I don't like being to close to the shoulder becouse it can cause deflection or reduce penitration.This is my preferance and they don't ever go but 70 yds if that
Old 01-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Double lung will nearly always put 'em down quicker than a heart shot. I'd rather collaspe the lungs every shot!
Absolutely. If you take out the lungs but leave the pump station in tact to pump out blood the animal will fall in less elapsed time than if you take out the heart.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

A double Lung shot is always the Best option.

Dan
Old 01-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

double lung for sure
Old 01-15-2010, 05:16 AM
Typical Buck

that is like asking if i would rather eat backstrap with onions or garlic?

i feel the lungs are my best option
Old 01-15-2010, 05:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Double lung for me. For one It's much bigger of a target then the heart. In all my kills the ones that I hit heart on did go down quicker then the double lungs did but It still Isn't where I try and put the arrow, always going for the lungs here.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Double lung for sure. The heart sits pretty low in the chest cavity. Deliberately shooting for the heart will contribute to a lot more LOW missed shots over time.

Take out the lung. Let the heart intact to pump the blood out onto the ground.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:40 AM
bigcountry

Interesting post. I go for a low double lung with the hope of catching the top of the heart. Rarely do. Good thing about a low heart shot is you usually always have a lot of blood however. Those high double lungs sometimes have very little

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.