Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

choices

Old 01-11-2010, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

Default choices

Ok, so y'all know I'm coming to FL beginning of april and besides doing some tourist stuff, I was going to fly back with a new destroyer. But then I thought, I could do some off season hunting and kill some pigs.
I have a 2008 airborne set up which works great ( a little noisy perhaps but plenty of KE )
So what would you do ?
Go on a hunt or buy a new bow ?

Frank
Old 01-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hummm!! Hard decision Frank! It really depends on what You want worse. If we are talking about a Hog hunt I'd probably pick the bow.

Dan
Old 01-11-2010, 11:05 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by m9a9g9i9c
Ok, so y'all know I'm coming to FL beginning of april and besides doing some tourist stuff, I was going to fly back with a new destroyer. But then I thought, I could do some off season hunting and kill some pigs.
I have a 2008 airborne set up which works great ( a little noisy perhaps but plenty of KE )
So what would you do ?
Go on a hunt or buy a new bow ?

Frank

Easy choice. Buying new hunting tools or using your hunting tools? Using what you got first and foremost. I know a lot of folks with finest bows around and has yet to kill thier first buck.

Surprised your looking at bowtech. Didn't you have a lot of problems with that bow? Couldn't reach poundage and all?

Old 01-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Easy choice. Buying new hunting tools or using your hunting tools? Using what you got first and foremost. I know a lot of folks with finest bows around and has yet to kill thier first buck.

Surprised your looking at bowtech. Didn't you have a lot of problems with that bow? Couldn't reach poundage and all?
Bows get out of spec and won't make poundage. Is that the companies fault?

I bet the poundage was on when it left the factory

Dan
Old 01-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where is option C, both!?!?!?!
Old 01-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MeanV2

Dan

How many times have you been on a 3D course and heard a guy cus what ever brand bow because he shot a nickle, or missed it all together? I know I have heard it a lot and it HAS to be the bows fault.

As my buddy at my shop says, it is always the car, never the driver!!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Typical Buck

Big country, I did have a lot of problems getting it tuned again after changing the string and cables but that was more a problem of finding the right proshop to do it.
After seeing a lot of guys having an opinion I decided to do it myself and it came out perfect.

Having both is not an option due to my upcomming marriage and the costs this involves.

I think I'm gonna go on a hog hunt and earn some bragging rights and later in the year try to buy the destroyer ( even when I'll have to buy it almost 300 dollars more expensive in Belgium )
Or not, I'm not sure yet........damned

F.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by kickin_buck
How many times have you been on a 3D course and heard a guy cus what ever brand bow because he shot a nickle, or missed it all together? I know I have heard it a lot and it HAS to be the bows fault.

As my buddy at my shop says, it is always the car, never the driver!!!!
I hear Ya!! There is a guy here in town and God Love his soul he screws every bow up he buys. I believe he has shot every brand under the Sun, except BowTech (Whew!!) They are all junk according to him, but most know the real reason he has all the problems. He'll be shooting good and let him miss 1 or 2 shots a little and he knows it's the bow so off he goes to tear it apart

Dan
Old 01-11-2010, 01:25 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by MeanV2

Dan
I couldn't tell ya if it hit poundage or not. I wasn't there when some kid at the factory set it up.

If you would have been paying attention, you would seen where Frank had a lot of troubles in the tech portion of the forum. I have seen some garbage roll out of the factory. Cams rubbing cables so bad it cut the serving. Probably the same tech sent that bow out that setup franks. So has a lot of bowtech dealers. I was talking to the major bowtech distributor in Hanover the other day, and he said its gotten pretty bad with bowtech. Like I said, good designs, horrible execution.

You said you never worked for bowtech, so you don't know how it left the factory.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:27 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by m9a9g9i9c
Big country, I did have a lot of problems getting it tuned again after changing the string and cables but that was more a problem of finding the right proshop to do it.
After seeing a lot of guys having an opinion I decided to do it myself and it came out perfect.

Having both is not an option due to my upcomming marriage and the costs this involves.

I think I'm gonna go on a hog hunt and earn some bragging rights and later in the year try to buy the destroyer ( even when I'll have to buy it almost 300 dollars more expensive in Belgium )
Or not, I'm not sure yet........damned

F.
Good deal Frank. didn't you have to set the ATA 1/4-1/2" Shorter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.