Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ted Nugent?

Old 06-10-2003, 09:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default Ted Nugent?

Does anyone else think ole Ted has suffered some type of brain damage? I' ve seen him at outdoor shows and on the Outdoor Channel where he has a show. Now there are those who will say he has done a lot for gun rights, hunting, and bowhunting and for that I say thank you. But for the Spirit and essence, and the beast is dead, long live the beast and all the other freaky things he spouts, enough is enough.

Sorry for the rant. I know he promotes bowhunting, but Hello, Ted cut back on the stimulants.[X(]
Old 06-10-2003, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ted Nugent?

Ted is not politically corect and his choice of words may not be to your liking but ted has ALWAYS been drug and alcohol free.

Ted for President!!!
Old 06-11-2003, 12:42 AM

I HATE HIS MUSIC but I love his ' Spirit of the Wild' attitude and theme. Most of all I' m certain that his every word makes the fur on the bunny huggers quiver.

From some of his shots and his statements though, I' m not sure he knows where the heart of deer and elk are located he has stated in some shows that lung shots " hit him in the heart" and that is my only possible criticism.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:43 AM

Fight on Teddy!!! Ted Nugent has done so much for our rights as outdoorsmen and women. In fact I think the NRA made a mistake when they didn' t choose him as the next president but don' t get me wrong I still think they made a good choice. As for they way he expresses himself, well think how the indians speak and talk about the animals that are so much of their religion and culture. Ted is speaking about the animals in the same way a Cherokee Chief or a medicine man would have way back when. They are celebrating the life of the animal and at the same time giving thanks that it died to provide for him and his family. There is not one person I would want on my side more than Ted Nugent fight ting for my rights against the evil " Tree Hugging Hippies" and " Gun Grabbing Liberals" . Long Live The NUGE!!!!!
Old 06-11-2003, 04:46 AM

i' m a fan of ted' s music , i think it' s a matter of he' s VERY passionate about his hunting so the words he somtimes chooses make him come across as a wack job , but as far as i know , ted doesn' t touch drugs or booze !! so it' s all from the heart![8D] ,and we should be glad we have someone like him on our side !!!!!

Old 06-11-2003, 05:22 AM
JKT

I agree with most of what he says and he is as good as they come confronting the antis, but he' s too weird for me. I just don' t watch his show. [X(]
Old 06-11-2003, 06:04 AM

Sure, Ted' s got some phrases that are a little over the edge, but that is why people pay attention to him. Some 16 year old kid in the inner city isn' t going to give him 2 seconds of their time, unless he grabs them with a statement that makes them think. His fame gets them to listen and his vocabulary holds their attention. Then, and only then, does one have a chance of gaining an interest and becoming a hunter or supporter of hunters.

He' s a little weird on purpose, because it works. Go Ted!
Old 06-11-2003, 07:25 AM

Very well said straightarrow!! I agree 100%. If you ever watch Ted on Fox news or etc, he is very intellegent and articulate. However, when he is on his show he is trying to attract people to the sport. The more crazy he acts, the more attention he brings to hunting. It' s really a very clever marketing approach.
Old 06-11-2003, 07:30 AM

Love him or hate him Ted is one of a hand full of people that are as outspoken about our hunting and gun rights as we ALL should be, myself included! Yes OK maybe he is some what over the top and God knows he is not PC but that is fine with me. Rock on Ted and The Spirit of the Wild!
Old 06-11-2003, 07:30 AM

Anyone that knows me knows I have a deep appreciation for the art of going over the top. If you have a position to take, might as well take it in a way that makes the opposition froth at the mouth. Folks who have adversarial outlooks are stupid and deserve a little mental anguish anyway, right?

Quick Reply: Ted Nugent?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.