Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cold back

Old 01-02-2010, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cold back

I seemed to have found the secret to keeping my feet warm, sticky toe warmers, but the main problem lately that has been making me uncomfortable in my stand is my back it gets really cold, I wear a long underwear shirt a cuople t shirts and my bushmaster winter jacket and sometimes even a sweatshirt under that but i still am getting cold, can you guys help me out?
Old 01-02-2010, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good Fleece an warmers. Then again the way it is up there right now I do not know what to tell you.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

they make body warmers that stick on your back like the foot warmers....they are just a lot bigger!
Old 01-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I started using those things that they make for back pain. I think they are made for Thurmocare?? YOu can find them at any Walmart, Kmart... It is a belt that goes around your waist, and it has 2 pockets in the back for heat warmers. It was under $5, and you get 4 heat warmers with it. After that, I keep the belt, and just use store bought hand warmers. You can put the belt on so the heated areas are around your kidney area, or move it up higher if you want. They also make something that sticks to your skin, and it goes around the back of your neck, and kind of sits on your shoulder area, they work too,but I didnt like that as much as the belt.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

years ago i took up needle and thread and made a long sleeve shirt have about 6 pockets on the back, three along the lower portion, on the inside of it, to place heat warmers...it worked great for me
Old 01-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't wear cotton as an underlayer. I layer in extremely cold weather like this.
1st layer Thermax
2nd layer UA Gold Grear 3.0
3rd layer Merino wool
with a wind barrier in my outer garment over that. I have not seen weather that I could remain comfortable in yet and have hunted in a Treestand at below zero with a pretty good breeze as well.

Dan
Old 01-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 125py
they make body warmers that stick on your back like the foot warmers....they are just a lot bigger!
bingo!!!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

basically ya got to throw all the old stuff away...get cold weather gear from canada or alaska.....layers is good, but having the right gear is better..i still use my old stuff and one day will just go get the good stuff ya cant even wear unless its below like 40f..body armor? maybe..cant remember exactly..but i was freezin and my buddy was givin me this same speech., wiping the sweat from his head.