Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
BowTech Destroyer 350! Beware of Bashers! >

BowTech Destroyer 350! Beware of Bashers!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BowTech Destroyer 350! Beware of Bashers!

Old 01-02-2010, 05:18 AM
Dominant Buck

This issue getting so much attention has to be one of the biggest laughable attempts at bashing Bowtech or any bow that I've ever seen.
I can tell you that my ONLY reasoning for posting the photos I did on AT (and the ones I'll post here, now) were for "informational" purposes. I've owned 5 Bowtechs....and currently still own a Guardian my son shoots. I have always been impressed and confident in the products the company puts out.

The thing that's "interesting", to me is.....this is EXACTLY how the General "issues" were addressed, in their infancy. The hard line taken by some within the org. came back to bite them in the ass. And, you'd think those same folks would've learned from that. You'd think.

I told Rick James (Matt) that I'd stop in and take some photos of the only 350 in my local shop. Good or bad.....I said I'd report what I saw.

You be the judge as to whether these photos show "good"; "bad"......or a "non-issue". I shoot a recurve. It affects me NONE.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:00 AM
bigcountry

Well, guess that old rule holds true. A picture is worth a thousand words. Or posts.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Well, guess that old rule holds true. A picture is worth a thousand words. Or posts.
Tight tolerances which are intentional and purposeful and still nothing to do with function. I'm impressed they build a bow with such tight tolerances. When my 340 comes in, I'll purposely video how this is done.

I held one in a shop last evening down here at twilds, had the little tiny marks and talked with the dealer about it. Tim laughed and said, is this what they are whining about? Yes it is Tim. (twild) And his dealer knew his stuff, I was impressed. He already had them on the draw board and proved the cams cannot touch, never will touch during the shot function.

Rick James also posted a picture of a Mathews Apex with the exact same scenario.

Next.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:14 AM
Spike

So the cam "can not touch" those marks: what did? Regardless of whether they came from incompetent workers (which I highly doubt) or cam touching, NEW should be spotless before it leaves the showroom. For 9 bills, that bow in the picture just ain't NEW.

This post is from an average Joe consumer. I will wait for a newer NEW if that is what the present NEW is. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by x-shocker
So the cam "can not touch" those marks: what did? Regardless of whether they came from incompetent workers (which I highly doubt) or cam touching, NEW should be spotless before it leaves the showroom. For 9 bills, that bow in the picture just ain't NEW.

This post is from an average Joe consumer. I will wait for a newer NEW if that is what the present NEW is. Thanks for the heads up.
X-shocker, to answer your question, the only time the cam can touch the limb is when the bow is in a press. The only part of the cam that can touch is the large lower lobe and only when it's rotated around while the bow is in the press. The lobe does not go that far around during the shot execution. Matt / PA here on HNI proved it by marking his own limbs when he pressed his bow.

Several proved it to themselves as well while marking the area with a crayon and shooting their bows. No crayon mark was transposed to the cam, proving to themselves that the cam does not touch during the shot. The OP here did this as well.

The mark is so little that yesterday in a shop I showed a friend of mine and he said where? When he found it, he laughed.

I have worse marks on my bows from every day use.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Tim laughed and said, is this what they are whining about?
Rob....Honestly.....

I went to bat for you on AT....for remarks made by others towards you. But these type comments (above) only fuel the fire. Why does everyone have to take this, PERSONALLY? And since when is it OK to laugh at customers?
Old 01-02-2010, 07:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Rob....Honestly.....

I went to bat for you on AT....for remarks made by others towards you. But these type comments (above) only fuel the fire. Why does everyone have to take this, PERSONALLY? And since when is it OK to laugh at customers?
Tim is a customer, Tim is a consumer, Tim is not the dealer. Tim is thinking about the Destroyer and he was shocked that's all it was about. Nothing more.

I agree though, why is it so personal? It's been explained over and over yet it's not good enough. I'm tired of explaining it too. I guess that's where a lot of things come from, frustration.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am glad I bought a 2005 Reflex bow for $180 and have used it succesfully for 5 seasons. It kills good and I don't have to worry about little marks here and there, or whether cams hit/scratch/hahahahaha!

As Happy Gilmore so eloquently said, "WHO GIVES a....."

Old 01-02-2010, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
During some of these threads, some of us should reference your sigs. Right?
Old 01-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Banned

Well guys, I just got a sign that said I was banned forever on this site when I tried to log in, and now it is working. Who knows, but if you don't see me around, you will at least know the details as to why. Warning to all; NEVER post any negative publicity regarding Bowtech. Happy New Year!!

Last edited by hardcorehunter; 01-02-2010 at 08:18 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.