Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Challenge

Old 01-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lots with compound but much of that is because game limits changed & additional biggame tags issued. Most years of my Traditional Bowhunting the limit was 1 Deer, either sex & you were done. No Bonus tags. Just a little proof of my 150+ total Archery kills in 53 years of a great Bowhunting journy.
I have done what many will only dream of...

I do have many pics of compound Does as any animal is a great trophy to me traditional or compound.

Now, I concentrate on taking my 2 grown Bowhunting kids of 5 on some of these Bowhunts so they may enjoy some of what I have for so many years.

You know, I started back when a BOWHUNTER "WAS" a Bowhunter. Not some guy in the woods with a bunch of trinkets to help him hit something (haha) that should get the pot stirred a little. Pop Corn time... "OLD timers RULE!!!!!!
We're snowed in so getting bored for sure....
Attached Thumbnails Challenge-scan0009.jpg   Challenge-scan0015.jpg   Challenge-scan0050.jpg   Challenge-cropbestelk500.jpg   Challenge-mebighog2.jpg  

Old 01-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ahunter55
I have done what many will only dream of...
ahunter55, thanks for sharing. You've definitely got me dreaming, I can only hope to have half the success and adventure you have achieved in your lifetime!

Best of Luck,
Jeff
Old 01-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I said I would Bowhunt Antelope when I got old-well, I guess I am there since I am in the process of setting up a DIY in Wy..
Even thought of taking both Compound & recurve since I should be allowed 1 Buck & a Doe if drawn...
Old 01-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

I did not make it either. My goal was to drop something opening week and not carry a weapon in till my 9 yr old got one with his bow. I did my part.........We had lots of fun and hunted kind of hard but, if you hunt with a kid you must hunt for the kid. When he was ready to go we left. I wanted to make it fun and not a chore. He had a goot shoot on a 9 pt. but shot just a little high.

He got the fever after that but could not get anything in close enough for him to shoot. Now he wants to shoot 3D I'm pumped.
"A dad and his boy"
Old 01-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

boldplate-I too spent many hours sitting with my Daughter this year hoping she would get her 1st shot at a Deer. Shes an adult but still her real 1st Bow Season. I did my part but she never had one close enough to shoot at. I take that back, she turned down a 5 pointer that offered every shot possible @ 15 yds. We had fun with him as I rattled him in & then back 3-4 times when he was leaving. She got to see how rattling does work so was an experience for her. Being with your kids makes just more enjoyable for sure...
Old 01-09-2010, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, foremost, I had fun with friends and family (daughter took her first deer, turkey and coriscan ram). I went on some new adventures, saw parts of the world I have never seen before, and the Good Lord saw me through some tough times. I'm happy.