Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Challenge

Old 01-03-2010, 03:51 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by MeanV2
I started with Traditional gear back in the 60's and hunted many seasons before ever purchasing my 1st compound. I even hunted a few seasons trad after owning a compound. If Traditional gear is what someone wants to use. That's Great more power to them. To each their own! I guess I've been there, Done that!
I hear this quite a bit lately. I guess because traditional shooting has really taken off in the last 5 years. But I never quite understand it. If one was so proficient with trad gear, why would they switch to wheels? Especially when those first compounds came out, they sucked. I guarantee you the bows I make are not 10-15ft behind an old wheelie whitetail hunter. I had one, and can say, it was loud, heavy and slow.

I am not saying your lying or whatever, just never understood it when one said this.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Still looking for those pics, MeanV (Dan)!
Old 01-04-2010, 02:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I took out 2 does in the early season, shot my biggest buck to date, a 125", and plan on taking out another doe or two here in January with the bow as well. So, it has been a fairly successful season.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Still looking for those pics, MeanV (Dan)!
Jeff I don't owe you the time of day, and you're not getting it

Dan
Old 01-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Figures.

A guy I do business with has a sign on his wall that reads:

"If it's not in writing, it didn't happen".

Probably a REALLY good reason you don't have pics of your traditional kills.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:18 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by MeanV2
Jeff I don't owe you the time of day, and you're not getting it

Dan

I just love trad pics. Any kinds from the 60's I wouldn't mind even seeing doe trad picts.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

sure did, I killed two bucks with a rifle and had some good encounters with my bow.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Figures.

A guy I do business with has a sign on his wall that reads:

"If it's not in writing, it didn't happen".

Probably a REALLY good reason you don't have pics of your traditional kills.
Jeff, I really don't care what you believe! I'll bet you $500 I can buy a recurve and kill a Doe in Oct next year. Gee!! Big accomplishment!! We can let a neutral party hold the money.

Now Put up or Shut up!

Same offer goes to you bigcountry if you want a piece of the action.

Dan
Old 01-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Jeff, I really don't care what you believe! I'll bet you $500 I can buy a recurve and kill a Doe in Oct next year. Gee!! Big accomplishment!! We can let a neutral party hold the money.

Now Put up or Shut up!

Same offer goes to you bigcountry if you want a piece of the action.

Dan
The only challenge I'm interested in......is mine to you to simply back up what you professed.

Post up the pics. I love seeing trad. kills (any bowkills, actually). And, I'm giving you chance to shine!

Just post up the pics of the trad kills you posted, earlier.

Hell I'm not hard to please. If you've taken one with a slingshot - I wanna see that, too.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

The only challenge I'm interested in......is mine to you to simply back up what you professed.

Post up the pics. I love seeing trad. kills (any bowkills, actually). And, I'm giving you chance to shine!

Just post up the pics of the trad kills you posted, earlier.

Hell I'm not hard to please. If you've taken one with a slingshot - I wanna see that, too.
Like I said I don't have to prove anything to you. I've tackled a deer and killed it with a knife that buddy had wounded with a bad shot, but sorry I don't have pics. The Deer is still Dead!

Hell if you think it's so tough and that I can't do it take me up on it. It's only $500

I don't care if you believe it or not! I always killed deer for 2 reasons put'em in the freezer or put'em on the wall. I don't remember the last time or if I even ever took a pic of a Doe kill. Why?? I ate her! Guess I haven't really killed any Does! I have only been taking pictures of the bucks I've killed the last 10 years or so.

I guess that means the others I have hangin on my wall aren't dead! LMAO!!

Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.