Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What to do about Wild Dogs >

What to do about Wild Dogs

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What to do about Wild Dogs

Old 12-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our "dog catcher" (use that term very loosely) won't come out to get the dog unless you have already caught it. Makes alot of sense, huh? I would have already shot them and not made a thread about it lol.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:41 PM
Typical Buck

my mistake. lol. I read the topic too quickly. I thought it was wild HOGS.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tricky situation! I have owned Dogs my entire life, but I always keep them under control. Kenneled or I am with them. It is a Sad thing when other owners do Not and allow them to run wild. I can Not believe they really care for these dogs at all.

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do!

There are No Bad Dogs! Only Bad Owners!!

Dan
Old 12-30-2009, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one of them I have seen it twice in the last 2 weeks chasing off deer on my land, its gonna be hard not pop him if I get him in my sights.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would have already shot them and not made a thread about it lol.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
shoot them
x2. As long as they dont look sickly, like they've been deprived of food for a long period of time, that may indicate that they are still domestic. If they appear threatening, take 'em out. Good luck.
BigBuck95
Old 12-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sportsman22
Wisconsin, we shoot them. DNR or landowners do not want them here.
I know someone in WI that was prosecuted for shooting a 'wild' dog. If the owner finds out, you have no legal leg to stand on unless it's an act of self defense.

You're better off IMO calling animal control and/or trapping them. It's fairly easy to trap most dogs in a live trap. Plus, it's more ethical. If the dogs have collars, it's someone's dog...that means it's not a matter of bad dogs, but rather, bad owners. I've trapped a few dogs and turned them over to animal control (humane society). It's the best solution for everyone IMO...the dogs are rid of the bad owner and get adopted by someone more responsible, and you're rid of the dog.

It they're truly wild and rapid, that's a different story, as they're actually a danger to people. Most 'wild' dogs, in my experience, aren't wild, but just strays that crappy owners let run loose.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the replies everybody!

I am a little worried about the collar thing so I think animal control would be the best option. Quick question. If animal control catches the dogs who will end up paying the bill? The owner of the dogs or me?
Old 12-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Banned

Trespassing dogs/cats get shot on my properties. Toss them in a gully...buzzards have to eat, same as worms
Old 12-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

i agree with the most of you. i'd shoot them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.