Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
would you road hunt if you would legaly allowed and disabled. >

would you road hunt if you would legaly allowed and disabled.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

would you road hunt if you would legaly allowed and disabled.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default would you road hunt if you would legaly allowed and disabled.

I got a question for you. Would you or would you think it ok to hunt from a truck on a road with a disabled permit. I have one for my knee and have mixed thought on it. I got it mainly for the better access and parking. Though right now I have a bad infection in my foot and a major kidney stone. They both have had me laid up for a week and it is looking like another. If it where still muzzelloader season I would properly be doing it.
I am not talking drive and doing a drive by but parking on a dirt road or acces road and waiting for a deer to walk by. Last week I was driving down an acess road and had one pop out on me I stopped got my muzzleloader up but she took off. Not sure I would call it a hunt kill but meat in the freezer would you.
I think anyone disabled should do what ever is legal for them to get there deer. Just I hate road hunters.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

if you honestly cant walk to the woods then i dont see a problem with it. i know if i was disabled and it was between truck or couch and no deer i would be in the truck
Old 12-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

That was my issue with the dnr. I asked for the right to use the access road. I normaly have little issue walking to my stand if it is within 200 yards or so of my truck. They sent me the hunt from a car permit. I guess the one permit gets you everything. I figured for the rare occasion I could not make it to my stand I would be ok. With my kidney stone and my infected foot I would not try getting 20 foot of the road. Though I ant going to try it now. I doubt I get a deer in bow range form my blue jeep wrangler.
Originally Posted by 125py
if you honestly cant walk to the woods then i dont see a problem with it. i know if i was disabled and it was between truck or couch and no deer i would be in the truck
Old 12-29-2009, 03:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think that sums it up, and if the disabled permit allows you to do it legally then go for it.

Dan
Old 12-29-2009, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta love Texas! As long as your not on or shooting across state or county maintained roads and on private property/roads it's legal to shoot from truck! We call it safari style...drive around and hunt varmints that way all the time.Plenty of deer have been taken that way also! If you are impaired and have the permit then go fill the freezer!
Old 12-29-2009, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think I have mixed feelings on the whole thing. First off, from a medical standpoint, I'm somewhat jaded because I run a clinic, and "disability" is a term that gets thrown around WAY too loosely. A person such as yourself with a bad knee, IMO, is not disabled. Your weight is no secret around this place, and that knee and foot infection would be a non-issue if the weight isn't where it is right now. I've struggled with weight my entire life, but April '08 I decided I had enough, and amd currently down 110 pounds, and it is absolutely amazing how many things DON'T hurt anymore. You are on a slippery slope with illness if that weight stays put brother, you won't have to worry about hunting at all in a few years if you are bed-ridden.

As for the legality of it, it is what it is. Yeah, its legal, great. But, you have worked your ass off to get a deer this year, so are you really going to be happy with one that you poked from the car window? Also, if you do shoot it, how do you plan to get it out of the woods and loaded into your vehicle? Right now may be the time to focus on your health and take a mulligan on this season.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

If it's legal go for it.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's the main point.

I have no problem with you doing that if can't get in the woods.

But I just had a random thought, had you shot that doe the other day, how would you have gotten it into the jeep and cut up at home. If you cant get into the woods. Just asking, not meant to be offensive.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well with it right on the road if it dropped it would have been easy if not a phone call would have taken care of that issue though you make a good point.
Originally Posted by 1shotkill1993
That's the main point.

I have no problem with you doing that if can't get in the woods.

But I just had a random thought, had you shot that doe the other day, how would you have gotten it into the jeep and cut up at home. If you cant get into the woods. Just asking, not meant to be offensive.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:06 AM
bigcountry

Kinda confused here. This is a bowhunting forum. Are you asking if it would be acceptable to fire a bow from the cabin of a truck??

How are you going to get it drawn back??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.